Chicken a la King Made with Rotisserie Chicken
When I was growing up I remember my Mom making chicken à la king with toast. It was one of my favorite dinners but I forgot about it for years…ages even until a few weeks ago and I had such a craving for it I decided to make it. I didn’t have my Mom’s recipe so I improvised and used what I had on hand and to save time I used a rotisserie chicken from Costco. I find I use those for so many dinners. They are such a great time saver and for less than $5.00 a bargain.
[Tweet “Chicken a la King made with store bought rotisserie chicken ~ easy & delicious! #recipe”]
If you love a rich, creamy and hearty meal (and chicken) then this is the recipe for you.
Chicken a la King ~ The Easy Way
- 8 tbsp. butter divided
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sweet onion sliced thin
- 1 - 8 ounce package of fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup drained and chopped roasted bell peppers
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onions in the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Add mushrooms and parsley and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup and roasted bell peppers. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Spoon mixture into an oven-safe dish.
- Open crescent rolls and divide; place on top of the hot chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Check out these other Easy-to-Make Dinners for when you’re in a pinch!