Welcome to the 4th Annual Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! A few years ago we were looking online for handmade gift ideas and thought it would be great if there was a resource dedicated JUST to handmade gift ideas. Enter the Handmade Holidays hop! We’ve gathered over 100 of our creative blogger friends in the craft industry as well as some of our fellow product manufacturers to bring you a plethora of inspiring gift ideas you can make now to give to your friends, family, and colleagues. Pin and bookmark these ideas for this holiday season and to use throughout the year! Each day of the hop features approximately 30 gift projects and you can “hop” from one blog to another to check them all out.
VINTAGE INSPIRED BUTLER BOX
Years ago I saw a dresser butler and thought it was a great way to keep a man’s dresser neat and tidy. This year, I thought I would make one for my husband. The box itself is premade (details below) so that was a real time saver.
Basswood Box from Walnut Hollow
Rowlux in gold moire and dark blue moire on the interior to give it a velvet look
Gold Paint and Paint Brush
1. Measure box ~ bottom: base & sides, top: base and sides
2. Cut Rowlux according to your measurements
5 pieces for the bottom and 5 pieces for the top.
3. Stain exterior of box and edges only. DO NOT STAIN the interior.
4. Once the stain has dried glue the Rowlux into place.
5. I allowed the stain to dry and then added a stencil shape and a chalkboard font Monogram~ I used my Cricut for both and sanded lightly when dry to give the box an aged look.
6. I saved leather straps and buckles from a purse I threw out and these were exactly what I needed to give the box a Vintage Suitcase look. I used my Westcott scissors to cut right through the leather easily.
7. Next, glue the straps into place on your box keeping the buckle at the open/close point.
And that’s it! A Vintage Suitcase Inspired Man’s Butler Box made from a plain wooden box and a few extras.
p.s. In case you’re wondering that is my husband’s flip phone…..he is in the stone ages! 😉
Are you ready for lots more creative handmade gift ideas and projects??
Follow along on our blog hop! Simply click on each of the links below to be taken to that post with additional information and photos on how to create a handmade gift project. Have fun and pin away!
A Little Craft In Your Day – Tanner Bell
Follow our Handmade Holidays Gift Ideas Pinterest board for even more inspiration!
A huge thank you to our sponsors for this hop – please visit their blogs below and follow them. And be sure to come back tomorrow for another 30+ amazing Handmade Gift Ideas!
Clearsnap || Ellison Educational Equipment || Walnut Hollow || Graphic45 || Westcott || ICE Resin || Therm O Web || Rowland Industries || Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L || Pink and Main || Elizabeth Craft Designs || The Buckle Boutique || Neat and Tangled