Slow Cooker Sausage and Bean Soup with Rice
Delicious sausage and bean soup with rice made in the slow cooker - perfect for entertaining!
- 4 -15.8 ounce black eyed peas, in can undrained
- 2- 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces green chiles 1 small can, undrained
- 12 ounces Dr Pepper 1 can
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 2 14 ounce packages Eckrich Smoked Sausage sliced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 14 ounces white rice uncooked, boil in bag
Combine all ingredients except for the rice into slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Cut top off of boil-in-bag rice and pour into cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.