Chicken a la King ~ The Easy Way
One of my favorite dinners from my childhood ~ updated and easier to make using a rotisserie chicken
- 8 tbsp. butter divided
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sweet onion sliced thin
- 1 - 8 ounce package of fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup drained and chopped roasted bell peppers
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Saute onions in the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Add mushrooms and parsley and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup and roasted bell peppers. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until bubbly.
Spoon mixture into an oven-safe dish.
Open crescent rolls and divide; place on top of the hot chicken mixture.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.