Super Creamy Light and Fluffy Yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Pies
These dreamy chocolate peanut butter mini pies are nothing short of heavenly! They are a glorious double bite-sized combination of light, fluffy, and creamy bliss.
Servings 12 mini pies
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs chocolate animal crackers work great
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder preferably Dutch process
Chocolate Mini Pie Crust
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tbsp. of the granulated sugar in a small bowl. Stir just until well combined.
Spray cupcake pan with baking spray.
Scoop a rounded tablespoon of the cookie crumb mixture into the cup portion of a cupcake pan.
Using your fingers, press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
Bake for 7 minutes until crusts are slightly puffy. Remove from oven. Use a tablespoon to press the centers down. Bake 2 more minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Use a shap knife to gently loosen the crust from the cupcake wrapper and remove.
Peanut Butter Filling
Whip ½ cup of heavy cream in a medium chilled mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
In a separate bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and ½ tsp. of vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy; approximately 2 minutes.
Add the whipped cream to the above mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
Transfer filling to a piping bag with tip and fill each crust generously.
Chill 30 minutes.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
Combine remaining ½ cup heavy cream, 1 tbsp. granualted sugar, ¼ tsp. vanilla, and the cocoa powder in a chilled medium bowl. Whip until soft peaks form.
Top each mini peanut butter pie with a spoonful of chocolate cream. Alternatively, use a piping bag and pipe on the topping.
Top pies with chocolate hearts, mini M&M's, mini peanut butter cups - anything your heart desires!
- I always chill both my mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes before whipping cream. The peaks always form perfectly and quickly using this tip.
- Chocolate flavored animal crackers work great for this recipe but any chocolate cookie would work well.
- To avoid the baking portion of this recipe altogether, you could simply use a chocolate cookie, such as Oreos, for the base.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 474IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg