Crock Pot / Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Fresh Apple Slaw
Moist and tender pulled pork with a delicious tangy sauce topped with fresh apple slaw. Perfect for a busy day, a family dinner, or when entertaining.
- 6 pounds pork butt roast
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
For the Slaw
- 2 cups cabbage shredded or chopped thin
- ½ cup radicchio shredded or chopped thin
- 2 apples cored and shredded
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp parsley dried and chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place the pork into the inner crock of your crockpot.
In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the pork roast.
Secure the crockpot lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
When pork is fork tender, shred with two forks and stir. Replace lid and set crockpot to warm until ready to serve.
To make the slaw
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, vinegar, honey, mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Add the cabbage, radicchio, apple, and carrot to the bowl.
Gently toss to coat in the sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss before serving.
- To serve, place a generous serving of the pulled pork on the bottom half of a bun. Add some slaw atop the pork and place the top half of the bun over the slaw. Serve with fresh pickles if desired.
- The slaw will taste even better after it sits for awhile, allowing the flavors to meld together. Simply toss before serving to ensure that all of the ingredients are fully combined.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 885mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg