Great for an easy family meal, crockpot creamy beef and noodles with spinach.
Do you have a list of go-to recipes with the same basic ingredients? I do and it's so helpful and such a timesaver because it allows me to use my mix and match ingredients to create family favorites.
This is one of those favorites and don't let the "green" scare you away. It comes from spinach!
As a side note, did you know that when you eat cooked spinach you will absorb higher levels of vitamins A and E, protein, fiber, zinc, thiamin, calcium, and iron? I'm not a huge fan of raw spinach, so this is a win for me.
It's the little things, you know?
Now that I've done my public service message of the day, let's get to the recipe!
Slow Cooker Creamy Beef with Spinach Over Noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 8-ounce package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 14 -ounce box of low-sodium beef broth (I use bone broth for added depth of flavor)
1 10 ¾ ounce can cream of mushroom soup with garlic
1 8-ounce container sour cream
1 8-ounce block of Monterey Jack cheese cubed
1 12-ounce package No Yolks Broad Noodles
Slice mushrooms and chop onions.
Place ground beef, mushrooms, and onions in a large skillet and cook over medium heat stirring often until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
Drain spinach well.
Combine beef mixture, spinach, broth, canned soup, sour cream and Monterey Jack in a large bowl.
Spoon into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Serve over noodles and enjoy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 8- ounce package fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 10- ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 14 - ounce box of low-sodium beef broth I use bone broth for added depth of flavor
- 1 10 ¾ ounce can cream of mushroom soup with garlic
- 1 8- ounce container sour cream
- 1 8- ounce block of Monterey Jack cheese cubed
- 1 12- ounce package No Yolks Broad Noodles
- Slice mushrooms and chop onions.
- Place ground beef, mushrooms, and onions in a large skillet and cook over medium heat stirring often until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Drain spinach well.
- Combine beef mixture, spinach, broth, canned soup, sour cream and Monterey Jack in a large bowl.
- Spoon into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve over No Yolks Broad Noodles.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
What is your favorite easy crockpot recipe?