This creamy bacon broccoli pasta salad is perfect for summer picnics, family dinners, and entertaining.
The addition of sweet red grapes gives it just the right amount of sweet to balance this simple to make recipe.
Ignore the bacon....I know it's not light).
But, pasta is filling and with a family of all guys who are almost always hungry the filling part of any recipe is important.
This recipe is so tasty and an easy side dish that's perfect to make ahead for picnics, pot lucks, and summer entertaining.
- 16 ounces rotini pasta one box
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli crowns
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup red onion chopped
- ⅔ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 cups seedless red grapes halved
- ½ pound bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package cooking al dente.
- Cut broccoli florets and separate into small pieces; finely chop stems.
- Whisk together sugar, red onion, red wine vinegar, salt, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add broccoli, pasta, and grapes to the above dressing. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Add bacon just before serving.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
If you like the recipe above (I so hope you do) you may also like these other salad ideas:
Southwestern Cornbread Chicken SaladGet the Recipe
Balsamic Chicken Salad and Ciabatta -15 Minute Meals
Have a beautiful day!