This amazing recipe for strawberry champagne cupcakes made with a cake mix is easy and delicious and is the perfect treat for any special occasion.
The result is a not too sweet cupcake with just a hint of champagne flavor.
Make It Easy and Start With a Boxed Cake Mix....But Make It Fabulous!
The cupcake batter recipe itself is so easy to make.
I started with a quality boxed cake mix and then beefed it up with some basic ingredients.
First things first, I would love to say I came up with the bones of this recipe myself but I owe it all to an Aldi box. Yep, I baked a chocolate cake using a mix and the cake mix box instructions had some awesome inspiration and ideas for altering the recipe and I integrated some of those ideas into this recipe and it turned out great.
Don't Skimp On The Frosting - Add Some Champagne Here, Too
As for the frosting I opted for a homemade buttercream with half butter and half shortening although you could easily use all butter. I added champagne to flavor this as well.
White Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix)
4 large egg whites at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
¾ cups champagne - use pink champagne or a strawberry champagne (I prefer Barefoot Strawberry Moscato)
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 (3.4 ounce) package white chocolate instant pudding and
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Use regular-size muffin cups (cupcake pan - a nonstick pan works well) and line with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl using a paddle attachment combine all of the ingredients above and beat cake mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Allow to completely cool on a wire rack before frosting.
Champagne Buttercream Frosting
½ cup butter softened
½ cup shortening
4 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
3 tablespoons champagne
In the large bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer cream butter and shortening together at medium-high speed stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Blend confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, into the butter mixture beating well after each addition.
Add the champagne and continue mixing until light and fluffy!
Frost cupcakes with the champagne frosting using a piping bag adding a lovely poof of frosting to the top of each cupcake. Sprinkle with jimmies, sanding sugar, or a fresh strawberry if desired.
Wouldn't these pink champagne cupcakes be perfect for a bridal shower, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, a wedding or just a nice evening with some friends?
More Delicious Dessert Recipes for You!
- Valentine's Day Popcorn
- Super Creamy Light and Fluffy Yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Pies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes with Toffee Buttercream Frosting
Strawberry Pink Champagne Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1 Box White Cake Mix I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup strawberry pink champagne I prefer Barefoot Strawberry Moscato
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 3.4 ounce package white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
Champagne Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tbs champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients above and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool before frosting.
Champagne Buttercream Frosting Instructions
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and shortening.
- Blend in confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add the champagne and continue mixing until light and fluffy!
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.