This amazing recipe for strawberry champagne cupcakes made with a cake mix is easy and delicious and is the perfect treat for any special occasion.
The result is a not too sweet cupcake with just a hint of champagne flavor.
Make It Easy and Start With a Boxed Cake Mix….But Make It Fabulous!
The cupcake batter recipe itself is so easy to make.
I started with a quality boxed cake mix and then beefed it up with some basic ingredients.
First things first, I would love to say I came up with the bones of this recipe myself but I owe it all to an Aldi box. Yep, I baked a chocolate cake using a mix and the cake mix box instructions had some awesome inspiration and ideas for altering the recipe and I integrated some of those ideas into this recipe and it turned out great.
Don’t Skimp On The Frosting – Add Some Champagne Here, Too
As for the frosting I opted for a homemade buttercream with half butter and half shortening although you could easily use all butter. I added champagne to flavor this as well.
White Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix)
4 large egg whites at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cups champagne – use pink champagne or a strawberry champagne (I prefer Barefoot Strawberry Moscato)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (3.4 ounce) package white chocolate instant pudding and
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Use regular-size muffin cups (cupcake pan – a nonstick pan works well) and line with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl using a paddle attachment combine all of the ingredients above and beat cake mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Allow to completely cool on a wire rack before frosting.
Champagne Buttercream Frosting
½ cup butter softened
½ cup shortening
4 cups confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
3 tablespoons champagne
In the large bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer cream butter and shortening together at medium-high speed stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Blend confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, into the butter mixture beating well after each addition.
Add the champagne and continue mixing until light and fluffy!
Frost cupcakes with the champagne frosting using a piping bag adding a lovely poof of frosting to the top of each cupcake. Sprinkle with jimmies, sanding sugar, or a fresh strawberry if desired.
Wouldn’t these pink champagne cupcakes be perfect for a bridal shower, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, a wedding or just a nice evening with some friends?
More Delicious Dessert Recipes for You!
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn
- Super Creamy Light and Fluffy Yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Pies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes with Toffee Buttercream Frosting
Strawberry Pink Champagne Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1 Box White Cake Mix I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup strawberry pink champagne I prefer Barefoot Strawberry Moscato
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 3.4 ounce package white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
Champagne Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tbs champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients above and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool before frosting.
Champagne Buttercream Frosting Instructions
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and shortening.
- Blend in confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add the champagne and continue mixing until light and fluffy!