Looking for a deviled egg recipe without mustard? You're in the right place. This classic recipe is made with simple ingredients and is deliciously flavorful. Plus, it's a great appetizer, perfect for any occasion and is a true crowd favorite. Whether you're hosting a party or are looking for a fun side dish these deviled eggs will hit the spot.
This easy deviled eggs recipe is perfect to serve year round for picnics, Easter dinner, Christmas Eve, and even Halloween (check out this recipe for Deviled Egg Eyeballs - spooky and delicious). You may also like this Classic Egg Salad recipe or this leftover old-fashioned ham salad recipe!
And, true to my word there's no mustard in this great recipe...no yellow mustard, no Dijon mustard, no mustard powder...nothing mustard...nada!
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- hard boiled eggs
- ranch dressing
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- a little paprika, for garnish
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions and nutritional information can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
The first thing you're going to do is hard boil eggs. The easiest way I have found to do this is in the
Once your eggs are cooked and peeled, slice them in half lengthwise and gently scoop out the cooked yolks and place those in a mixing bowl and mash those yolks up.
Add ranch dressing, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix well. You can also do this step in a food processor and process until smooth.
Spoon mixture into a
Hint: Use eggs that are older. They are easier to peel than fresh eggs.
- Miracle Whip - instead of mayonnaise but keep in mind that Miracle Whip contains mustard flour which is made with finely ground yellow mustard seeds.
- Brown eggs - brown eggs cook the same as white eggs.
- Sweet - add 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish to the filling mixture.
- Tangy - add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon pickle juice, or 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the egg yolk mixture.
- Spicy - add ½ teaspoon hot sauce or a PINCH of cayenne pepper to the egg yolks mixture and mix.
- Old Bay Seasoning - Most of the flavor from Old Bay Seasoning comes from mustard, paprika and celery salt, along with mace, nutmeg, bay leaf, red pepper and cardamom - keep in mind the mustard flavor and cross this off the list if that's a no-go for you!
See this devilish blood shot eye ball version for Halloween (it's just a tad bit different but is another deviled egg recipe without mustard).
Store in a single layer in an airtight container or an egg carrier and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
These can be made ahead of time but the secret is to keep the cooked egg whites whites and egg yolk filling separate. Wrap the egg white halves well with plastic wrap and keep the prepared deviled egg filling sealed in a resealable plastic bag with all the air squeezed out. Refrigerate everything until you are ready to fill and serve. As a side note, you can cut the corner off the resealable Ziplock bag and use it as a piping bag to fill the egg white halves.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card below ⬇️ you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
Deviled Egg Recipe without Mustard
- 8 eggs hard boiled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- sprinkle paprika
- The first thing you're going to do is hard boil the eggs, peel them, and cut in half lengthwise. Next, gently remove the egg yolks and put in a small bowl.8 eggs
- Mash eggs yolk and add mayonnaise, ranch dressing, salt and pepper and mix together.¼ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup ranch dressing, pinch salt, pinch pepper
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain or star tip. Pipe creamy mixture into egg halves, add a sprinkling of paprika and any additional garnishes as desired. Place on serving platter, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.sprinkle paprika
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove