Golden Oreo Dirt Pudding (Golden Oreo Sand Pudding with Cool Whip)
I love summer and I especially love the ocean. The family and I haven’t had a vacation in over 10 years so I’m getting a bit antsy longing for the sound of the waves, the smell of the water and the feel of sand beneath my feet. Until then, I’ll just dream with some Beach Inspired Desserts including this super easy to make Golden Oreo Sand Pudding.
Even though the garnish looks like real sand, it’s actually a dessert baker’s secret, light brown sugar! All you need to do is make sure the brown sugar is fresh and it has the same light appearance of sand.
The cupcakes were bought ready-made since I didn’t want to heat the house up by turning the oven on.
I chose vanilla cupcakes with a fluffy white frosting. I sprinkled some brown sugar on the top of them and added some edible sugar flowers.
Serving Surprise Beach Pail
A beach pail holds the Golden Oreo Sand Pudding. I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree and simply removed the plastic handle and replaced it with some sisal.
Before using the pail for your no-bake dessert, you’ll want to wash it out thoroughly and then line it with plastic wrap.
Golden Oreo Dirt Recipe
- Beach Pail
- 24 Golden Oreos about 2/3 of a package, crushed
- 2 3.4 ounce packages of vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces light brown sugar for garnish
- Mix together powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Once well mixed and smooth, gently fold in the Cool Whip.
- Line beach pail with plastic wrap and add 1/2 of the crushed Oreos as a bottom layer.
- Add pudding mixture and then add the remaining half of the crushed Oreos to the top.
- Garnish with light brown sugar.
To complete the display I placed some seashells and a starfish around the base of the pail and among the cupcakes.
This beach-inspired dessert was part of a wonderful Fun in the Sun Blog Hop. Check out some of the other bloggers and blogs below!
Courtney from French Country Cottage shared her Summer Tablescape which was so dreamy summery chic!
Maryann from Domestically Speaking shared her Ultimate All American Sundae
DIY Paper Lanterns by Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Summer Centerpiece by Kim from Sand & Sisal
Aloha Summer Wreath from Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage
Porch Decor from Becca at Adventures in Decorating
Beach Inspired Mantel from Heather at Setting for Four
5 Summer Inspired Crafts from Debbie at Debbiedoo’s
Thanks so much for stopping by!