It’s time for some grilling and what better to grill than a crowd-pleasing (or family-pleasing) Grilled Texas-Style Flank Steak.
It’s so nice to grill when the weather is hot and you don’t want to turn your oven on and heat up the house but don’t limit yourself to burgers and hot dogs, although they are so much better when grilled, instead treat your family to a delicious marinated and grilled Texas-style flank steak. This recipe has a few steps but is easy to make and because of the marinade, you can make it in the morning before the day gets hectic and then pull it out of the refrigerator when you’re ready to grill.
How To Make Grilled Texas-Style Flank Steak Recipe
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. jarred beef soup base
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. hickory liquid smoke
1 (2 to 3 pound) flank steak trimmed of extra fat
1/4 cup beer
3 tbsp. bottled chili sauce
1. Stir together chili powder, beef soup base, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, pepper and liquid smoke.
2. Rub over flank steak, both sides and place in a container to marinate.
3. Whisk together beer and chili sauce adding garlic.
4. Add a layer of sliced onions to the bottom of the container you will be marinating your steak in; place the steak on top of this layer.
5. Gently pour mixture around flank steak being careful not to remove the rub.
6. Marinate at least 4 hours but up to 12 hours in advance in the refrigerator.
7. Preheat grill. Remove the steak from the marinade and place on the hot grill. Grill to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for rare. Remove to plate and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut the steak across the grain into thin diagonal slices and top with some fresh peppercorns if desired.
What is your favorite grilling recipe?
This is one of those easy meals that will become a go-to recipe for you and your busy family.