Looking for a delicious side dish perfect for your holiday table or a weeknight dinner? If so, you'll love this easy oven-roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes recipe. This gluten-free recipe is perfect for any occasion, and is a tasty addition to your Thanksgiving menu.
I'm sharing this easy and delicious recipe as part of this month's special Thanksgiving Thrifty Style Team share. Once you've finished reading this post be sure to head to the bottom to see all of the other projects, beautiful tablescapes and DIYs from the team as well as links to visit their lovely inspiration.
Brussels sprouts go well with most main dish meats but are especially tasty served with my slow cooker turkey and stuffing or a freshly roast chicken. If you're in a pinch for a quick meal, buy a rotisserie chicken. It's a delicious companion to these roasted veggies.
If you're looking for the air fryer version of this recipe, you can find that here and I have more easy sweet potato recipes here including my Mom's Sweet Potato Casserole that I serve every year for Thanksgiving Dinner - it's always a hit!
*This post may contain affiliate links and I’ll earn a commission if you shop through them. You can read my full disclosure here.
- fresh brussels sprouts
- medium-sized sweet potatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- crispy bacon
- Craisins/dried cranberries
- sunflower seeds
- balsamic glaze - easy to make with balsamic vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. The full recipe and instructions as well as nutritional information can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Preheat oven temperature to 400 degrees f.
Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. My personal preference is to use parchment paper. Lightly spray either with
Cook bacon until crispy. Allow to cool and crumble. Set aside.
Cut the bottom of of the brussels sprouts and remove any outer leaves that may be brown or limp. Cut any large brussels sprouts in half.
Rinse brussels sprouts thoroughly in cool water and allow to drain in a small colander before moving on to the next step.
Peel and cut sweet potatoes into cubes approximately the same size as the brussels sprouts.
Place sweet potato cubes and drained brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir gently with a wooden spoon or spatula to coat all these delicious fresh vegetables.
Add the veggies and crumbled bacon to your prepped large
The edges of the brussels sprouts should be a toasty golden brown.
Hint: The recipe for a simple homemade balsamic glaze (the balsamic drizzle mentioned above) can be found in the notes section of the recipe card below. You can also purchase a bottle of balsamic glaze at your local grocery store. It's usually less than $4.00 a bottle.
I like to keep already cooked bacon on hand and then heat in the microwave following the directions on the package. It's such a timesaver and the bacon always turns out crispy without making a mess on my stovetop.
- Pecans, almonds, walnuts, or any desired nuts can be added to this recipe after removing it from the oven.
- Add feta cheese after removing from the oven for a tangy and salty flavor boost.
- Baking Sheet - a good quality
bakingsheet is great to have on hand, but as you can see from my pictures, sometimes, an old sheet with a lot of personality will do just fine.
- Cutting board
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- Potato Peeler
I don't recommend storing this since it's best to serve this warm and fresh from the oven but if you'll be doing a lot of holiday
Don't overcook. If your oven is especially efficient, check at the 20 minute mark. I like to insert a fork into the center of one brussels sprout and one sweet potato cube to check for doneness. If the fork easily goes into either, your veggies are ready to remove from the oven.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card below ⬇️ you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Preheat oven temperature to 400 degrees f.
- Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. My personal preference is to use parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Allow to cool and crumble. Set aside.6 slices bacon
- Cut the bottom of of the brussels sprouts and remove any outer leaves that may be brown or limp. Cut any large brussels sprouts in half.1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- Rinse brussels sprouts thoroughly in cool water and allow to drain in a small colander before moving on to the next step.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into cubes approximately the same size as the brussels sprouts.2 lbs sweet potatoes
- Place sweet potato cubes and drained brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir gently with a wooden spoon or spatula to coat all these delicious fresh vegetables.2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the veggies and crumbled bacon to your prepped large baking sheet in a single layer and place on the center rack of the oven with a total cook time of 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender when poked with a fork. The edges of the brussels sprouts should be a toasty golden brown.6 slices bacon
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and sprinkle with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and a balsamic drizzle.⅓ cup dried cranberries, ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ½ cup balsamic glaze
- Add ½ cup of balsamic vinegar with a drizzle of honey (approximately ½ tsp.) to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the glaze is reduced by half and sticks to the back of a spoon, approximately 10 minutes.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
Now for the shares from the rest of the Thrifty Style Team!
Redhead Can Decorate - How to Create I Miss Mom Thanksgiving Tablescape
Our Crafty Mom - Thanksgiving Hostess Gift Idea
I Should Be Mopping the Floor - Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece
The How to Home - You are here!
DIY Beautify - Pleated DIY Paper Table Runner for Thanksgiving
2 Peas in a Pod - Olive Thanksgiving Tablescape
The Tattered Pew - Free Thanksgiving Place Cards
Cottage on Bunker Hill - Make Ahead Holiday Breakfast Baked Goods
Amy Sadler Designs - Easy DIY Heirloom Pumpkin Kitchen Dish Towel
Simple Nature Décor - Pine Cone Napkin Ring: For Rustic Thanksgiving Tablescape
Zucchini Sisters - Thanksgiving Door Hanger Dollar Tree DIY
Sonya Burgess Blog - Styling a Simple Thrifted Thanksgiving Table