Chicken Teriyaki is a delicious, savory and slightly sweet chicken dish that is a family favorite. It’s the easiest and most unbelievably delicious Teriyaki Chicken that can be made in under 30 minutes from start to finish.
One of my family’s favorite meals is this Chicken Teriyaki. They request it usually once a week and I’m always happy to make it for them because it’s so easy and tasty and is a great way to get back on track with healthier eating after the holidays.
The ingredients are pretty basic so the next time you’re tempted to order takeout, take a look instead in your fridge and pantry and stay in for the night!
How-To Make a Delicious, Quick, and Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 cups of cooked broccoli
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil has fully melted, start cooking chicken approximately 3 minutes on each side until slightly brown and cooked through.
- Mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch.
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir constantly until sauce thickens approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place cooked rice on the bottom of a bowl.
- Top with broccoli.
- Add teriyaki chicken and serve!