Egg salad is a classic dish that everyone seems to have their own version of. Here is my tried and true recipe that will make your family happy and full!
I usually make hard boiled eggs on the stove top or in my Instant Pot but lately, I've been making them in my
- hard boiled eggs
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. The full recipe and instructions as well as nutritional information can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Peel and chop eggs.
Gently stir in mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and chives.
Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Hint: Stir gently so that the eggs don't become mashed.
- Greek Yogurt is a great substitute for the mayonnaise. Full fat Greek yogurt has the best texture for this recipe as opposed to low-fat Greek yogurt which has a chalky texture.
- Mustard - Whole grain mustard and Dijon mustard are great options for replacing the yellow mustard.
Egg salad can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Hard-boiled eggs will stay fresh for about one week in the refrigerator. Store them unpeeled inside of their original carton or in an airtight container. Save time by making them ahead and chilling for this recipe.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Classic Egg Salad Recipe
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chives finely chopped
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs.
- Gently stir in mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and one chives.
- Season with salt and pepper and paprika if desired.
- Serve as is or on bread.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.