I really enjoy making meals for my family but I don't often have the chance to cook from scratch because of time, but when I do I like to make it count. This recipe is a go-to 30-Minute Meal and with the addition of STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Poultry/Fish the flavor of my go-to meal got even better.
A good Olive Oil can make all of the difference in any recipe you make that calls for olive oil but did you know that the type of olive oil you use can make a difference? Just like the right wine choice can make a meal more memorable so can the right olive oil.
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Star Olive Oil ~ 30-Minute MealPrint Recipe
- ½ cup Star Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Poultry/Fish
- 1 pound package angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 pounds of large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 large cans of Crushed Tomatoes with Basil 28 ounces each
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic until tender, about 1 minute, stirring constantly ~ you don't want to burn your garlic.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, wine, and basil. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook another 3 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp mixture over the pasta adding cheese as desired.
STAR is having a wonderful giveaway of the Usage Pairing Oils going on right now and you can enter on their Facebook Page.
The STAR Fine Foods Pinterest Board has so many ideas for great recipes that are full of flavor!