This Kodiak Cake muffin recipe with whole grains is a great way to start your day. The recipe is simple and only requires a few ingredients in addition to Kodiak cakes mix.
These yummy muffins are also high in protein making them a filling and nutritious easy breakfast option. Best of all, they can be made in advance for busy mornings and stored in the fridge for up to a week. So if you're looking for a quick and healthy breakfast option that's a great alternative to regular muffins give this recipe a try.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Kodiak mix
- brown sugar
- Greek yogurt
- melted butter
- vanilla extract
- blueberries or chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions and nutritional information can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
Combine Greek yogurt, egg, milk, and melted butter in a large bowl and whisk together.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and hand stir until blended. Gently fold blueberries into muffin batter.
Spray 12-cup muffin tin with
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 16 to 18 minutes.
Nonstick, nontoxic pan fits 12 muffins, cupcakes, baby quiches, and more. It’s made from our same proprietary technology as Holy Sheet, giving even heat distribution, a quick release, and easy cleanup.
Why It’s Special
- Nonstick and dishwasher-friendly
- Comes in two joyful colors
- Makes 12 standard-size muffins
- Use a good quality muffin pan like this one from Great Jones - the Stud Muffin. It is my preferred muffin tin.
- Muffin and cupcake liners aren't necessary and the best part is that anything baked in it, like these blueberry protein muffins, releases easily from the pan and has a beautiful golden brown hue.
- It's a nice heavy weight, bakes everything evenly, and cleans up easily!
🍌Other Recipes You May Like
- Mashed bananas - instead of Greek yogurt - (ripe bananas ratio)1 large mashed banana roughly equals ½ cup of Greek yogurt.
- Maple syrup - use maple syrup in place of the brown sugar. If using this option, decrease the amount of milk used as well. For this recipe the conversion will be 6 tablespoons of maple syrup (in place of the brown sugar) and ⅔ cup of milk.
- Almond milk or Soy Milk - in place of regular milk in the same ratio - no adjustment needed.
Muffins can be kept in a tightly sealed container on the counter for 2 to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. For optimal freshness and great taste eat within 48 hours of
These high protein blueberry muffins can be stored frozen for up to 3 months. Allow to cool completely and place in an airtight container. When ready to serve, thaw completely at room temperature.
💭Where to Buy Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjack Mix
I purchase this main ingredient in large boxes at my local Costco and Sam's Club but I've seen smaller boxes at local grocery stores as well as online from Amazon. In person it's easy to find because of the big grizzly bear on the box!
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card below ⬇️ you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
Kodiak Cakes Muffin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine Kodiak Power Cakes (set aside 1 tablespoon to dust blueberries), brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix, ½ cup light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sprinkle blueberries with the Kodiak Power Cakes mix that you set aside in the step above. Stir gently.1 cup fresh blueberries
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.½ cup Greek Yogurt, 1 eggs, ¾ cup whole milk, ¼ cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the Greek yogurt mixture into the dry mix and stir just until incorporated.
- Gently stir in blueberries.1 cup fresh blueberries
- Add muffin batter to muffin pan filling each cup approximately ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Never leave
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov.