Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is a hearty and delicious dish that’s perfect for the cooler days ahead and since you’re using an Instant Pot, it takes only a fraction of the time to make as a traditional chicken noodle soup.
Hello! Welcome to this edition of The
Once you’ve checked out my recipe, be sure to head to the bottom of this post to click and access all of the other delicious soup recipes shared by my blog friends.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This is so easy to make with an Instant Pot or traditional pressure cooker and there aren’t that many steps or ingredients.
You can chop and dice up the veggies by hand, or you can use a food processor. I love to use my Ninja for recipes like this. It makes short work of a tedious task…I know….chopping veggies is not that big of a deal but if I can save time, I’ll do it. (The model I use has a spiralizer that’s perfect for salads – check out my apple pecan raisin salad and apple crumble here along with a video of the Ninja in action.)
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 8 baby carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- fresh salt and pepper to taste
- 32 ounces boxed chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces broad noodles
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed
- Gather the baby carrots, garlic, onion, and celery.
- For this step, you can either hand dice and chop the veggies or you can throw it all in a food processor.
- If you go the food processor route, pulse until the veggies are a size you like. I usually prefer mine a little larger than in this picture, but this worked great as well.
- Set Instant Pot to the high saute setting, add olive oil, allow to heat up a bit (about a minute) then add your chopped veggies. Cook, stirring occasionally about 2 to 3 minutes until your veggies are tender.
- Stir in the rosemary and thyme.
- Top veggies with chicken breasts. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bone broth to Instant Pot.
- Top with rosemary sprig and 4 cups water.
- Put lid on instant pot and seal properly. Select manual setting, choose high pressure and set timer for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, do a quick release following the directions in your Instant Pot manual.
- Remove lid.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred. Place in bowls or set aside for serving later.
- Select high saute setting and bring broth and veggies to a boil. Stir in noodle and cook, uncovered, until tender. Turn off Instant Pot, add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add broth and noodles to bowl atop shredded chicken and serve!
And there you have it! Easy and delicious.
Thanks so much for stopping by – be sure to check out these other delicious recipes below.
[inlinkz_linkup id=795686 mode=1]