Slow Cooker Queso Blanco
I love a good cheese dip. Sometimes I don’t have a clue what I’m eating (yes, I know…that can be a bad thing) but if said food contains cheese I’m in. Case in point, Queso Blanco Dip. I love Mexican food but there is a certain ingredient, I’m not sure which one, that causes me to get really, really, sick when I eat it. This only happens with real Mexican food so sadly, I avoid it, but I love
Queso Blanco is one of my and my family’s favorites. It is so easy to make and this recipe is great for parties because you can make it in a slow cooker – crockpot AND as an added bonus, you can freeze it ahead of time for up to 1 month so you can make it now to have on hand for entertaining.
Slow Cooker Queso Blanco aka Darn Good Cheesy DipPrint Recipe
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 pounds deli white sliced American cheese sliced
- Steam onions in the microwave. Place in a microwave-safe bowl, cover loosely with microwave-safe plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, drained tomatoes, milk, chopped chiles, cumin, oregano and pepper.
- Tear cheese slices.
- Place torn cheese into slow cooker.
- Pour onion mixture over cheese.
- Cover, and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir gently to blend ingredients.
Serve with tortilla chips!
Make Ahead/Freezing Tips:
Allow Queso Blanco to cool down.
Spoon into freezer-safe containers and freeze up to 1 month.
I used a glass loaf pan that I then covered in freezer wrap marking the date on the wrapper.
To serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in microwave on medium.