Simple and Easy Christmas Cookies
Buttery and Delicious Georgia Tea Cakes
If you're looking for a simple and easy Christmas Cookie that tastes delicious, too, this is it!
I know Christmas is right around the corner in my house when I start my Christmas
Decadent treats are amazing but sometimes, you just want a little something that's not quite as dense as shortbread but still with a buttery flavor and something that's not too heavy or sweet.
You want something a little lighter. If that's the kind of cookie you're looking for then Georgia Tea Cakes are the answer. When I made these the other day my oldest son said it wasn't what he was expecting but that that was a good thing. He said it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet and he didn't feel like he needed to stop with just one. I like them with coffee, the kids like them with milk and I'm pretty sure Santa would like them as well.
*Adapted from Have Yourself a Homemade Christmas
Georgia Tea Cakes ~ A Light and Sweet Christmas Cookie
- Mix together sugar, butter, vanilla, egg and milk.
- Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Center should be soft when cooled.
More Christmas Dessert Recipes You May Like:
- Santa's Whiskers Christmas Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Cream Torte
- Melting Snowman Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkles with a Peppermint Twist