Simple and Easy Christmas Cookies
Buttery and Delicious Georgia Tea Cakes
If you're looking for a simple and easy Christmas Cookie that tastes delicious, too, this is it!
I know Christmas is right around the corner in my house when I start my Christmas
Decadent treats are amazing but sometimes, you just want a little something that's not quite as dense as shortbread but still with a buttery flavor and something that's not too heavy or sweet.
You want something a little lighter. If that's the kind of cookie you're looking for then Georgia Tea Cakes are the answer. When I made these the other day my oldest son said it wasn't what he was expecting but that that was a good thing. He said it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet and he didn't feel like he needed to stop with just one. I like them with coffee, the kids like them with milk and I'm pretty sure Santa would like them as well.
*Adapted from Have Yourself a Homemade Christmas
Georgia Tea Cakes ~ A Light and Sweet Christmas Cookie
- Mix together sugar, butter, vanilla, egg and milk.
- Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Center should be soft when cooled.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
More Christmas Dessert Recipes You May Like:
- Santa's Whiskers Christmas Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Cream Torte
- Melting Snowman Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkles with a Peppermint Twist