Simple and Easy Christmas Cookies
Buttery and Delicious Georgia Tea Cakes
If you’re looking for a simple and easy Christmas Cookie that tastes delicious, too, this is it!
I know Christmas is right around the corner in my house when I start my Christmas Baking.
Decadent treats are amazing but sometimes, you just want a little something that’s not quite as dense as shortbread but still with a buttery flavor and something that’s not too heavy or sweet.
You want something a little lighter. If that’s the kind of cookie you’re looking for then Georgia Tea Cakes are the answer. When I made these the other day my oldest son said it wasn’t what he was expecting but that that was a good thing. He said it wasn’t overwhelmingly sweet and he didn’t feel like he needed to stop with just one. I like them with coffee, the kids like them with milk and I’m pretty sure Santa would like them as well.
*Adapted from Have Yourself a Homemade Christmas
This is an easy, simple, and delicious Christmas Cookie recipe. Georgia Tea Cakes are buttery, light, and airy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Colored Sugars
- Mix together sugar, butter, vanilla, egg and milk.
- Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Center should be soft when cooled.
Amount Per Serving Calories 110Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 12mgSodium 231mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 2g
More Christmas Dessert Recipes You May Like:
- Santa’s Whiskers Christmas Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Cream Torte
- Melting Snowman Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkles with a Peppermint Twist
More Cookie Recipes from Some of My Favorite Bloggers
Please visit the following blogs to see what cookies
they have “brought” to the Christmas Cookie Exchange…
Click on any picture or the link below it to see your favorite cookies!