A Blonde Texas Sheet Cake aka Banana Sheet Cake
This time of year I’m sort of chocolate-d out, if that’s even possible, so I wanted to make a dessert that reminded me of summer. If you love yummy banana desserts this banana sheet cake is a must try! It’s not hard to make, it’s moist, tastes delicious and will serve a crowd which makes it perfect for pot lucks or dinner parties.I was a little worried about making the Browned Butter Frosting since I had never made it before but it was super easy and I made a video so you can see for yourself.
Recipe adapted from Vix Love
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ cup butter, softened
1 ¾ cups (3 or 4) ripe bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
About 3 tablespoons milk or half and half
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10x15 jelly roll pan.
- Beat first four ingredients with mixer until creamy.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla on medium speed for one minute.
- Add dry ingredients and blend one minute.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and frost immediately with Browned Butter Frosting.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat past the melting point until it is boiling and light brown.
- Remove from the heat and immediately add the remaining ingredients. This should be thicker than a glaze, and thinner than frosting.
- Smooth over the top of the banana sheet cake immediately.
So what are your favorite banana recipes? I would love to hear about them!
Browned Butter Frosting Video