If you're looking for an easy and delicious banana bread recipe, this one is definitely worth trying. It's made with one of my favorite pancake mixes, Bisquick mix, so it's simple to put together. Plus the end result tastes amazing! You'll love how moist, fluffy, and packed with flavor it is.
We always have bananas in our house but sometimes, they don't get eaten before they turn and my favorite way to use overripe bananas is, of course, to bake!
I usually bake either this classic banana bread recipe, or banana cake with browned butter frosting or my favorite this moist banana cake with homemade cream cheese frosting --- they are all soo good!
I'm always looking for new ways to make this family (and personal) favorite and since I had already made a few loaves using protein pancake mix with Kodiak cakes mix I figured that since I had a big box of Bisquick I would give it a try.
But now, I'll be adding this Bisquick banana bread recipe to my list of delicious options...it's that good and a great way to use up mushy bananas.
📋 Ingredient List
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Extra ripe bananas
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate chips - Milk or Dark Chocolate
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions and nutritional information can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Mash overripe bananas in a large bowl.
Add the Bisquick dry mix into the wet ingredients.
Stir until combined.
Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Pour banana bread batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Brown sugar - can be substituted for refined sugar.
- Almond milk can be used.
- Substitute banana extract for the vanilla extract to give this easy recipe a bolder banana flavor.
- Add chopped walnuts to the batter in place of the chocolate chips for a banana walnut bread recipe
- Use any extra banana bread to make a delicious French toast. Add a drizzle of maple syrup for a wonderful breakfast treat!
🍌 How to Store and Freeze Banana Bread
Banana bread can be kept on the counter for up to 3 days if tightly sealed. I like to slice mine and place it in either a glass container with a lid , storage bag, or your favorite airtight container. You could also use plastic wrap or aluminum foil, whichever works best for you.
To FREEZE: Once your loaf has cooled off you can slice it and freeze it. You can also freeze it whole by placing it in a freezer bag or by wrapping it in plastic wrap then aluminum foil.
Add ½ cup of sour cream for an extra moist loaf.
Easy Banana Bread with Pancake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350° f.
- Grease bottom only of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs to the mashed bananas. Stir.
- Add Bisquick to above wet ingredients and stir.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips or nuts.
- Pour banana bread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Gently loosen sides of loaf from pan and cool completely, flat side down, on a wire rack for at least 2 hours until slicing.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Never leave
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov.