Banana bread is one of my favorite sweet treats and a great way to use up bananas that are too mushy to be eaten. I usually freeze bananas when they get to the point of no return and then pull them out and let them thaw for a bit to make this bread. This is so easy to make and is a favorite of mine and my family. It’s moist, just the right density and delicious!
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten until light and fluffy
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.
You can add chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, or whatever you would like to jazz this up a bit.
Linking to: Monday Funday