This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WindstoneFarmsPB #CollectiveBias
“What’s for breakfast?”
Usually when my sons ask that I’m in the middle of something and just point to the top of the fridge.
This is my new favorite go-to for snacking and more! Click the above to find out more.
I know they’re old enough to get breakfast for themselves, thankfully, and most days that’s what they do but if they’re in a rush getting ready for school, I like to have something for them that’s tasty and that can be eaten on the go.
One of my family’s favorite go-to foods is peanut butter and that’s why I love these homemade peanut butter toaster pastries. They are so easy to make, only have three ingredients, four if you count the egg wash, and can be served fresh from the oven or made ahead and reheated in the toaster or microwave.
Homemade Peanut Butter Toaster Pastries
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Box of Ready-Made Pie Crusts
- 2 Windstone Farms Creamy Peanut Butter Portable Packets
- 2 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Allow the pie crusts to come to room temperature so that they are easy to unroll.
- Roll out each pie crust and cut off the rounded edges so you are left with a large square.
- Cut square in half so you now have two somewhat equally sized rectangles. Perfections isn't necessary as you can see from my picture.
- On top half of each rectangle, squeeze one-half of Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packet and next to that add 1/2 tablespoon (one rounded teaspoon) of preserves, jam, or jelly.
- Brush beaten egg along edges of top half forming a smaller square.
- Pull the bottom half of pie crust over the top half and use fingers to push edges together.
- Crimp edges with fork.
- Use a toothpick to add holes to allow the steam to vent. You can get creative here and make a heart shape, initials, or something else cute.
- Brush top of pie crust and edges with beaten egg.
- Place pastries on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and remove from oven when pastries are a nice golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving as the filling will be hot.
- Once cooled, these can be reheated in toaster on lowest setting or in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- My middle son is my official recipe critic and he said I should have used more peanut butter, so the next time I make these I will use one packet per toaster pastry, 4 packets total.
Why I Like Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Portable Packets – The Best Peanut Butter to Use for Home and On the Go
What’s not to love about peanut butter? It’s creamy, smooth, delicious, and goes with just about anything and that’s why I always keep it on hand but I’ve never taken it on the go because a big jar in my purse with a spoon just doesn’t seem practical.
I do carry a lot in my purse, but somewhere along the way, you just have to draw a line. Am I right?
So, for practical purposes, my personal rule was no peanut butter in my purse until now….and what I’m about to share with you is truly genius IMO.
On a recent trip to Walmart for an eye exam and new glasses for my youngest son, I needed to pick up some groceries.
While in the aisle with peanut butter, jelly, honey, and other “stuff” I spotted something new and exciting and something that will definitely fit in my purse.
Three guesses what it is.
I won’t make you guess; I’ll just tell you and show you.
It’s convenient. The Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packets are each 1.15 ounce individual squeezable packets and here are the reasons I am so thrilled about them:
The packets are travel-friendly and TSA approved size. My middle son flew several times this summer and finding snacks for him to take and have during layovers was a bit of a challenge. He’s a college student and on a tight budget and he wanted something that would fit in his backpack and wouldn’t melt or be hard to grab and eat. We ended up bagging peanuts for him but Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packets would have been a much better alternative. They contain 7G of protein per packet and if he had these, we could have thrown some apples in his bag and he would have been all set for when he needed something wholesome quick!
Windstone Farms has been family owned and operated for 35 years and their peanut butter is made from only USA grown and harvested peanuts of the highest quality. I’m all about family and supporting family-owned businesses and something like this is important to me. It’s about connection. My husband’s family-owned restaurants and I know how vital family businesses are to communities.
Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packets are naturally gluten-free. This is perfect for my husband. I tease him, but it is true, that going out with him is like going out with a toddler. I always need to have snacks in my purse for him. Now, I have these on hand so that he has something to hold him over while we’re out and about doing adult stuff like grocery shopping.
You can find Windstone Farms Peanut Butter Packets at your local Walmart store and earn .50 cents back using Ibotta while supplies last. This is a great way to try it for yourself and save money.
Also, from August 8th through the 10th you can catch a live demo at a Walmart near you and try the NEW Windstone Farms Creamy Peanut Butter Portable Packets.
How will you use these individual packets in lunches or on the go?