Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake Bites
With all of the business of the holidays upon us things can get a little crazy. Add to that having three sick sons, and a sick mama (me!) and well, cabin fever can start to set in. The other night I absolutely had to get out of the house but we also needed groceries so at about 9:30 p.m. I asked my husband if he wanted to go with me to do some shopping. I had a recipe floating around in my head for Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake Bites and had the ingredient list in my head plus I knew the family needed some other food (they like to eat….alot!) plus I wanted to have some party food on hand for the holidays ahead and
So now for my Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake Bites, I wanted to try this recipe out before the holidays to make sure it would turn out and oh, my goodness, it is so good and what I love most….it’s easy to make and the ingredients are very basic.
16 Ounces Cream Cheese - softened
5.3 Ounces Dannon Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Red Velvet Oreos (I also made some with Double Stuff Oreos to compare the taste...they were all good!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix softened cream cheese and Oikos Greek Yogurt together until smooth.
- Add sugar and once again beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time mixing well.
- Add cupcake liners to a cupcake tin. Place an Oreo on the bottom of each liner.
- Top with yogurt-cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes to 23 minutes. Allow to cool then chill in refrigerator and serve! Add sprinkles or whipped cream before serving.
These Oreo Cheesecake Bites can be given as mini gifts in a cute little box tied with some red satin ribbon and a fresh evergreen sprig….easy and cute.
p.s. Our cashier was humming Christmas Carols…..how much more perfect could my mini date night get?
What are some of your favorite go-to holiday recipes? I’d love to hear about them and maybe we could even do a recipe swap!