These homemade Confetti Poppers are so easy to make and so much fun! They're perfect for celebrating the 4th of July and New Year's Eve, for a birthday party or any time a celebration is in order!
While a traditional DIY confetti popper is usually made with a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube, this one is made using a plastic water bottle, a balloon, washi tape, and paper confetti.
I like these just a bit more than a paper party popper because the confetti can really be propelled into the air by using the power of the balloon.
A Fun Kid's Craft
This Homemade Confetti Popper is an easy DIY craft that can be made with kids though I would recommend that the cutting of the water bottle be left to the adults. If the littles are good with scissors they can even cut the construction paper confetti, which will be a big timesaver.
When I originally made these with my son he was a little guy and he really enjoyed the process.
Ideas to Customize Your Homemade Party Favors
- A Gender Reveal Party - add pink or blue confetti to poppers and have everyone POP them at once. The water bottle can be covered with wrapping paper, stickers, or tissue paper to hide the color of the confetti inside.
- Tie pretty ribbon around the neck of the bottle covering the mouth of the balloon to give these a bit of a chic touch.
- Glitter! While I don't use glitter because even though I love the look of it. I tend to always...seriously, always, get glitter in my eyes when I use it for crafting. Therefore, I avoid it but you could certainly mix in some pretty glitter with the confetti so your confetti party popper packs even more of a celebratory punch.
How To Make a Confetti Popper - a Simple DIY Tutorial
Empty Water Bottle
Star confetti *optional
1. Cut the top 2 ½ to 3 inches from a clean plastic bottle. You will only need the top part for this project.
2. Cover the cut edge with washi tape.
3. Stretch the mouth of a balloon over the bottle opening and pull it snugly as shown.
4. Cut construction paper or scrapbook paper into small pieces. Smaller is better, and place into the bottle top jiggling the confetti so that it fills the balloon.
5. Hold onto the bottleneck with one hand and pull down the very bottom of the balloon with the other. Let go to launch the confetti!
And there you have it! A very easy to make DIY Party Popper that is perfect for so many occasions. If you have any ideas that aren't listed here, I would love to hear them.
Just leave a comment below or tag me on Facebook with your idea or on Instagram.
Homemade Confetti Popper
- 1 empty water bottle
- construction paper, scrapbook paper, or ready-made confetti
- washi tape
- Cut the top 2 ½ to 3 inches from a clean plastic bottle. You will only need the top part for this project.2. Cover the cut edge with washi tape.3. Stretch the mouth of a balloon over the bottle opening and pull it snugly as shown.4. Cut construction paper or scrapbook paper into small pieces. Smaller is better, and place into the bottle top jiggling the confetti so that it fills the balloon.5. Hold on to the bottleneck with one hand and pull down the very bottom of the balloon with the other ~ then let go to launch the confetti!
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.