Looking for an easy dinner recipe? This slow cooker teriyaki beef and broccoli recipe is perfect! Beef strips are cooked slowly in a savory homemade teriyaki sauce until tender and served with steamed broccoli florets on a bed of white rice. The whole family, even picky eaters, will love it!
This was inspired by another quick dinner that the entire family enjoys, this teriyaki chicken and broccoli recipe.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- beef broth
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- sesame oil
- fresh garlic
- top sirloin steak
- corn starch
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Place the first 5 ingredients into the bottom of the slow cooker.
Top with sliced top sirloin steak.
Slow cook for a total time of 4 to 6 hours.
Stir together cornstarch and water and whisk it into the beef mixture in the slow cooker for a thicker sauce. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
Serve the tender slices of beef over white or brown rice. Add steamed fresh broccoli and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Hint: Use cold water for the cornstarch mixture and add it to the hot teriyaki sauce so that it blends smoothly.
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Flank steak or London broil can be substituted for boneless beef sirloin steak.
- Braggs Natural Liquid Aminos - Soy Sauce Alternative (Gluten Free)
- Garlic Powder - ¼ teaspoon equals 1 clove of garlic
- Chicken broth can be substituted for beef broth for Like beef broth if you are all out of the meaty broth. It will yield a milder flavor than beef broth but is a good replacement.
- Add fresh ginger during the initial step for a more traditional teriyaki sauce flavor.
- Red bell pepper can be added for a sweet and slightly citrusy flavor which plays nicely off of the tender beef and crisp broccoli.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I think it's even better for lunch the next day.
Make extra for a busy day freezer meal. Allow to cool completely and freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight freezer safe container.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ½ lbs beef top sirloin steak sliced into ½ inch thick strips
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 4 cups broccoli florets steamed
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Add beef and stir to coat. Cover.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook until tender. Six hours on low or four hours on high.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to hot liquid in slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook until teriyaki sauce has thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and topped with steamed broccoli.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
We sometimes take for a granted that we have years (or decades) of
- 🌡️ Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- 🍴Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- 🧼 Wash hands after touching raw meat
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave
- 🌋Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- 💨Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove