If you're looking for the perfect summer side dish look no further than this Amish Broccoli Salad recipe. This recipe is simple to follow and calls for ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store or farmer's market so why not give it a try tonight? You won't be disappointed!
As summer salad season approaches you'll want to keep this easy recipe on hand for dinners and family gatherings.
If you're a fan of Amish recipes and
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- broccoli crowns or fresh broccoli florets
- red onion
- savory bacon - crisp bacon is a must!
- sunflower seeds
sweet dressing ingredients
- apple cider vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions and nutritional information can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Rinse and drain broccoli and add to bowl.
Top with raisins.....
and crumbled bacon.
Drizzle with homemade dressing, mix, and serve!
Hint: Drain the chopped broccoli on a paper towel to speed up the draining process.
My husband is gluten free and this recipe fits within his dietary guidelines which makes it a nice option.
- Sugar substitute - Swerve is a great sugar substitute. It bakes and measures just like regular sugar and tastes great.
- Craisins (the regular version or the reduced sugar - less sugar version. You can also use unsweetened cranberries or golden raisins.
- Avocado mayo for regular mayo.
- Pumpkin seeds in place of sunflower seeds.
- Miracle Whip - Mayonnaise is tangy and rich but Miracle Whip is a little sweeter.
- Use half broccoli and half cauliflower florets if desired.
- Add chopped bell pepper for more flavor and color.
- Bacon bits can be sprinkled on the top of the salad and can be used in place of the fresh bacon but won't add quite the punch of flavor or freshness.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese can be mixed in or sprinkled on top of the salad.
- Top with chopped green onions to boost presentation!
There's no special equipment needed to make this recipe other than a pretty serving bowl with a lid for storage, a good knife for chopping the raw vegetables into small pieces (but not too small!), and measuring cups.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Stir gently before serving.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Amish Broccoli Salad
Sweet and Creamy Salad Dressing
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar you can certainly use regular white vinegar if preffered
- Wash, drain, and cut broccoli into size desired.
- Add broccoli, raisins, red onion, crumbled bacon, and sunflower seeds to a bowl.
- Mix sugar, mayonnaise, and vinegar and combine well.
- Drizzle broccoli salad with dressing, toss, and chill before serving.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods