Best Shower Caddies for College Student Dorms (2023)
How to put together a shower dorm caddy. Easy and practical!
What are the best dorm shower caddies and mesh totes for college students? See my top picks below choose the best option that will make the daily shower experience of a college dorm or even a first time new place and tiny apartment bathroom a pleasant one!
*This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a commission if you shop through them. You can read my full disclosure here.
Top 3 Shower Caddies from Amazon
First thing first, there will be a few things to consider when picking the perfect portable shower caddy and I will go over the details of each along with some recommendations.
Will a plastic caddy or a one with breathable mesh work better? Do you prefer a hanging shower caddy that can be hung from a metal hook or from the shower head or one that can be stowed in an area next to the shower area?
Some College Shower Caddy Options
Attmu Mesh Shower Caddy - this mesh bag has over 7500 five star reviews on Amazon.
Pros: The shower bag is made of tough and versatile mesh. Along with the high quality mesh material, the shower tote is also equipped with a sturdy handle which has been reinforced and can be used to hang the bathroom caddy on pegs or hooks.
8 outer pockets and a large capacity main compartment to keep everything you need right within easy reach when you're in the shower in any bathroom!
Quick dry time with a mesh bottom.
Comes in many different colors and color combinations.
Cons: The outer pockets are small and can be used for smaller supplies such as razors, toothbrush, etc.
- Made of good quality Special 600d Oxford Material Fabric - fabric part is waterproof, mesh part can keep inside neat and clean, with two-way zipper and wide handle, it makes toiletry bag more convenient and safe to take.
- Backside bottom mesh part increases shower caddy bag's ventilating, inner mesh bag with zipper keeps small but necessary accessories. With the top handle and inner hook, you can hang this shower bag anywhere easily, convenient and save space.
- Shower bag has 4 fixed slots with flexible belt to secure your toothbrush or makeup brush.
- This universal travel organizer not only can be a shower caddy tote bag, but also a toiletry bag, cosmetic makeup case, shower bag, travel case for men and women, which is used in the bathroom or for travel or anywhere you need to take accessories.
- Size: 7.87" L x 8.66" H x 5.11" W. This Shower Caddy Tote has enough space to store your Shampoo bottles, Conditioner and Other Bathroom Accessories, and also makeup, like lipstick, lip gloss, makeup brushes, skin care products etc.
Cons: Small and will not hold larger bottles
Keep your shower essentials within easy reach. Shower caddies are perfect for college dorms, gym, shower, swimming and travel. Mesh allows water to drain easily.
- Perfect shower caddy tote for college dorms, bathrooms, gym, shower, swimming pool, and travel.
- Seven extra-large storage compartments can handle large shampoo bottles, soaps, and more.
- Breathable mesh allow shower caddies water to drain easily so it dries quickly.
- 6" deep interior middle section provides storage for shower accessories like shampoo and brushes.
- Canvas handles make this attractive caddy ready for transport and to hang on the showerhead.
- Durable and Heavy duty. The shower bag is made of Premium quality Oxford fabric material with excellent lining stitching.
- Large Size 11x10x10in (H x W x L) when bag expands fully.
- Self-standing and collapsible.
- Easy Dry and Breathable. The shower caddy tote consists of oxford fabric and pvc mesh material. The oxford fabric is water resistant and the mesh design bottom allows the water go through easily when showering.
- Hook Design allows the bag to be hung anywhere and kept open allowing easy access to shower necessities.
- The bag has 1 zippered outer bag, 1 zippered compact bag, 2 mesh opened outer bags, and 1 big opened bag and elastic belts to keep lotions, cosmetics, makeup and other items in position.
A BOGG Bag is the perfect solution for college students looking to keep their shower items organized, easily accessible, and stylish. Its durable, EVA material is not only waterproof but also resistant to fading, making it an excellent choice for the high moisture environment of a shared bathroom. The bag's unique design allows it to remain upright and open, preventing spills and making it simple to locate your products. BOGG bags feature a treaded non-slip bottom and zipper pockets inside of the bag. It's lightweight and portable, so carrying it to and from the showers is a breeze. The BOGG Bag is a game-changer for dorm living, combining function, style, and convenience in one ingenious product. College life can be chaotic, but with a BOGG Bag, your shower routine won't be!
Large Shower Bag Tote, Hanging Bath Toiletry Organizer with 1 Big Separated Inner Compartment and 6 Deep Outer Pockets (White)
- Made of new mesh fabric.
- The main compartment has been redesigned to make it less cluttered when fully loaded.
- Measures: 10" L X 8" W X 10" H. It is bigger than similar products and the outer pockets are deeper.
- Portable design with double sturdy handles, providing strength to carry and hang heavy items.
- Equipped with an attached key hook that provides a convenient place to safely store your keys.
Cons: Not as sturdy as the Attmu Shower Caddy.
- This Shower basket is made of storage durable plastic material that is BPA-Free.
- 11 x 7.7 x 6.2 inches
- The open design allows you to see the items in the basket more intuitively.
- There are water drainage holes on the bottom.
The best portable shower caddies must provide ample storage to hold all the shower essentials and below is a checklist of the most common bathroom items for college life.
- large bottles of shampoo and conditioner
- body wash or bottles of gel wash
- razors and razor holder
- shaving cream
- facial cleanser
- wash cloths
- beauty products
- dental floss
- Hair brush
- shower shoes/flip flops
How to Put Together a Shower Caddy for Guys
My middle son is 18. It's that age, the age when he acts like he knows everything, but actually feels a bit insecure. My goal as a mother is to gently guide him with information that will boost his confidence and help him to feel like he can take on the world.
Confidence is so important at this age as our young adults move to the next step. For many of them, this involves college and leaving home where they'll be meeting new people.....
and making new friends.
Encouraging my son to take care of his hygiene is an easy, yet very effective way, to keep him feeling great while building up his confidence.
If your son will be heading off this fall one of the many things you'll need to pull together for him is a shower caddy. This one is super easy to put together with just a few basic products.
Putting Together a Shower Dorm Caddy - The Essentials
View the checklist at the top of the post for all the details regarding supplies.
- Back Scratcher - really, this is an essential especially when they don't have their younger siblings around to do it for them!
Boy Moms May Also Like:
- He Looks So Good But How Does He Smell?
- How-To Organize Photos: Save, Sort, Share
- College Care Package Ideas for Guys
- Keep it Handsome - 6 Daily Grooming Tips for Young Men
That's it! Easy Peasy. What did I leave out? I'd love to hear what items you think should be included so I can update my list.