Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a basic cookie but with just one or two extra ingredients you can jazz them up and take them to the next level and that's what I did for these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with a Peppermint Twist!
It's Christmas Cookie
I love candy canes so I thought the peppermint would be a great addition to this basic recipe and they were.
How- To Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with a Peppermint Twist
Yields 3 dozen cookies
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
½ cup confectioners' sugar
2 crushed candy canes
Baking Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with a Peppermint Twist
1. Mix together cocoa, white sugar and vegetable oil in a medium bowl.
2. Beat eggs into the cocoa mixture one at a time and then stir in the peppermint extract.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour,
4. Cover dough and chill for at least 4 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. I tried out my newest kitchen 'toy', a soapstone tray which I didn't need to treat so I didn't need to use the parchment paper.
6. Pinch off about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Roll in confectioners' sugar, re-roll into a ball and then once again roll in the confectioners' sugar.
7. Place on cookie sheet or tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
9. Leave on cookie sheet for one minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
I am so happy to share this recipe with you as part of the 2014 Christmas Cookie Exchange and Link Party. Below are the links to the other bloggers and their cookie recipes and Friday Morning at 6 a.m. EST you can join in our link party and share YOUR Christmas Cookie Recipes!
Monday, November 24
Tuesday, November 25
Wednesday, November 26
What's your all-time favorite Christmas Cookie?