I'm sharing how you can easily create a beautiful copper geometric Christmas ornament using a copper pipe from the hardware store!
Today I'm sharing a simple and thrifty Christmas ornament that is unique and so easy to make. It's part of this month's Thrifty Style Team Christmas Edition. You'll find so much thrifty Christmas inspiration to decorate your home. Get the details and see what the rest of the team is sharing at the end of this post.
Have you seen all of the home decor with simple lines and not much froo-froo that's being incorporated into farmhouse and mid-century style homes right now?
If you have and you like that look then I'm hopeful that you'll like this easy, SUPER EASY, DIY.
You only need a few supplies to make it and if you don't have what you need, it's easy to find and I've included a list below with helpful links.
Copper Pipe - ¼ inch x 2 feet - you can find this at your local hardware store and you can even ask them to cut it for you which will save having to buy a pipe cutter!
- You can use any dimensions you would like for your ornament keeping in mind that the 3 base pieces all need to be the same length and the 3 side pieces need to be the same length. My base pieces measure 2 ½ inches each and the side pieces measure 4 inches each.
- I marked the copper pipe using the above dimensions (3 pieces, 2 ½ inches each and 3 pieces 4 inches each) and then used the pipe cutter to cut each piece.
- Measure and cut approximately 5 feet of twine.
- So, this next process is a little tricky but hopefully, the hand-drawn process will help to explain it! I also have a video that I hope to have uploaded later today.
- Once complete, tie a knot at the top of the triangle and add greenery as desired with your glue gun.
And, that's it! Super easy, seriously maybe 10 minutes total time, and you're done.
I haven't made any more yet since this was a prototype of sorts but the next time I head to the hardware store I'm going to get some more copper pipe and get busy.
More Thrifty Style Team Ideas!
Redhead Can Decorate - 25 Affordable Thrifty DIY Christmas Decorating Ideas
The Painted Hinge - Vintage 7UP Crate Christmas Centerpiece
DIY Beautify - How to Make a Glitter Ornament Nativity
2 Bees In A Pod - Stamped Book Stacks For Christmas
Postcards From The Ridge - Easy DIY Snowman Wreath
The How To Home - Copper Geometric Christmas Ornament
The Tattered Pew - Easy Homemade Christmas Soaps For Kids
Sweet Pea - How to Make Christmas Cut Out Wooden Candleholders
What Meegan Makes - Glittery Christmas Wreath From An Embroidery Hoop
Cottage At The Crossroads - Wooden Chinoiserie Christmas Ornament
I Should Be Mopping The Floor - How To Make Christmas Tassels
Lora B Create & Ponder - DIY Repurposed Candlesticks with Sheet Metal Shades
White Arrows Home - DIY No Sew Christmas Pillow