DIY Smartphone Projector
1. If your box has a lightly-colored or brightly colored interior now is the time to either paint it or cover it with black paper.
2. Once your box is ready, draw an outline of the magnifying glass on the outside of the box on a short end centering the glass.
3. Cut inside the line you just traced. You want your magnifying glass to fit snugly in the hole. Line up your magnifying glass (remove the handle first if you can) and apply tape around the entire edge of your lens. Light is the enemy here so you don't want to allow any to exit the box.
4. Cover any holes or openings with tape ~ NO LIGHT should exit your box other than the light from the phone itself.
5. Make or use a stand for your smartphone. My youngest son made me this one from Legos. You want to be sure that there is nothing infringing on the screen so you get a good, clear view.
6. You will need to adjust the distance of your smartphone from the lens until you get the clearest picture.
- Adjust the brightness of your screen to the highest setting on your smartphone.
- Set the picture rotation so that the screen does NOT auto rotate. You want the picture to be upside down in the box so that as it goes through the lens it turns right side up. I used the
- For a bigger picture move the box away from the object you are displaying the picture on.
- Project onto a white surface for the sharpest and clearest picture.
The only room in my house with no windows is the upstairs bathroom so in order to show you the projector at work I had to take the picture in there with the picture being shown on a shower curtain....the quality is better than this but for the sake of getting you a picture this is the only way I could do it!
For those of you who live in Virginia and had nTelos as your carrier now is the time to make your own choice regarding your wireless service ~ I highly recommend a switch to Verizon and right now you can get a $100.00 Bill credit ~ it's a great choice ~ I chose Verizon Wireless as my carrier over 16 years ago and have never regretted it!
[Tweet "DIY Smartphone Projector for about $1.00 #VZWBuzz #MoreVA "]
To learn more about using your smartphone and making the most of the ever increasing Mobile Lifestyle we are a part of join the weekly #VZWBuzz chat Fridays at 3 p.m. ET ~ each week covers a different topic and if you RSVP and join the chat you qualify for some AWESOME prizes! Find out the details here: theonlinemom.com
Friday, February 13: Mobile Shopping
Friday, February 20: Digital Wellness
Friday, February 27: Smartphone Tips & Tricks
I think you get the "cool Mom" award for this one. Great idea!
Thank you so much, dear friend!
This is such a great idea. I didn't even know you could do this, so cool. It will be perfect for movies outside with popcorn and candy! I can't wait to share this 🙂 Hope you have a great day! Coco
Thank you, CoCo! You got my wheels turning ~ I think I'll use this in the summer for movie time! You're so smart. 🙂
I love this! I have seen different hacks for your phone, but this is the first I have really read about it. Thinking this is one I need to file in Pinterest for a rainy day. We have bunches of LEGOS so easy to make our stand!
Thanks so much, Laura!
Thanks so much for the share, Lisa ~ I truly appreciate it!