These are great for snacks for the kids, quick lunches, and easy dinners.
These are not only good to keep on hand for your own family but if you know someone that needs to have some ready-made meals this would be a wonderful addition to their freezer.
How to Make: Make-Ahead Freezer Burritos
Start with room temperature tortillas so if you have them in the refrigerator or freezer, take them out before starting this recipe.
They’ll be the perfect temperature and consistency when you’re ready to start the assembly process.
Allow the meat mixture and the rice to cool slightly before assembling the burritos or else the tortilla will be soggy.
Wrap the tortillas individually.
Place in a freezer ziplock back with the directions clearly visible.
If I didn’t do this my family would ask me every single time how to reheat so it’s a time saver and it minimizes the threat of my eyes rolling out of my head.
Frozen burritos will stay fresh and delicious for up to 3 months in the freezer so also be sure to write the date on the bag.
Sharpies are your friend when doing any make-ahead
Make Ahead Freezer Beef Burritos
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 10 Large flour tortillas
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces favorite salsa
- 1 cup favorite shredded cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion until ground beef is fully cooked and no pink remains.
- Drain well.
- Return to pan and add taco seasoning mix and water following directions on the packet. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Make rice according to package directions.
Once the rice and meat are ready proceed to the next step
Begin assembling tortillas
- Layer tortillas with refried beans, beef mixture, rice, salsa, and cheese.
- Fold your tortillas.
- Double wrap each burrito individually in aluminum foil.
- Place in freezer in a ziplock bag or other freezer container and include directions for reheating.
- Unwrap frozen burrito from foil.
- Wrap burrito in a damp paper towel.
- Microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- Wait to cool, add desired toppings, eat!
I’ll be sharing more easy make-ahead freezer-friendly recipes soon and will update this page when I have more to link to.
Do you have any favorite make-ahead meals? I would love to hear about them.