Summer is in full swing and not only is it too hot to turn on the oven but you can’t always grill…rain (ugh). I was trying to figure out something quick to make for the family that required no grilling or oven(ing). I came up with this 15-minute meal that razzle dazzled them and they actually asked for me to make it again. Score! 😉 I was a little reluctant to make this but it was better to try it and fail than to head to a fast food restaurant and spend far too much on so-so food.
I used what I had on hand and the dinner, from start to finish, was ready in 15 minutes. I have all boys…they moan if they’re hungry….they’re dramatic like that so the 15 minute part of this was the important factor.
[Tweet “15-Minute Meal~Tortellini and Tomato Salad with Fresh Lemon Parmesan Sauce #recipes”]
- 2 (9 ounce) packages of refrigerated tortellini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (if you don't feel like grating the cheese you can save time by using packaged finely grated cheese)
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (you can also use purchased lemon juice)
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut into slices or halved
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 can of corn, drained
- Prepare the tortellini according to the directions on the package.
- While the tortellini is cooking combine olive oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt in blender until smooth.
- Once cooked, drain tortellini and combine with the fresh lemon and Parmesan sauce. Add tomatoes and season to taste.
As a side note this is the first recipe I’ve added to Yummly ~ do you know what Yummly is? I didn’t and to be honest with you I always thought the symbol just meant something was tasty…sometimes it takes me a while to catch on ~ but the other day I checked it out and Yummly is a great place to save recipes to your own recipe box so you always know where they are when you need them. If you don’t belong you can easily join and whether you already have recipes saved or you join today I would LOVE if you saved my recipes so more people can see them. You can check out my Yummly page here. I will be adding recipes to my page ongoing so you can check it out any time.
Thanks so much!!!!
Other Easy Recipes from Cupcakes and Crinoline