Easy Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
They are so good that you'll have everyone hovering around them. The best part is that this is an easy recipe and you'll want more than one!
These are a great snack for anyone looking for a low carb way to spice up their diet. And they’re also great at any event that brings friends and family together.
They're ready in less time thanks to the way air fryers work and are absolute perfection for family gatherings or a delicious game-day snack. The crispiness of the bacon paired with the earthy slightly spicy taste of jalapenos make these a huge hit.
If you love
Air Fryer Recipes
The beauty of using the
The end result is crispy food without extra oil and that is a game changer!
Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
Below is a list of ingredients needed to make this delicious recipe. At the bottom of this post is the recipe card which also has a 'print' option so you can keep it for future reference and also includes the nutritional information.
8 fresh jalapeños
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 cooked slices of crispy bacon, crumbled
¾ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (Cheddar cheese can also be used.)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Split jalapenos in half. Use a small paring knife to scrape out seeds and white ribs. If you like your food on the spicy side you can leave some of the seeds in place.
- Stir together cream cheese, bacon and ⅔ of the Monterey Jack cheese in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use a small spoon to place the cream cheese filling into each jalapeno pepper half slice.
- Spray air fryer rack with
- Place poppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You will need to make these in multiple batches.
- Cook at 370 degrees for 6 minutes, until jalapenos are tender to the tip of a knife and golden on top; cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes if you prefer softer jalapeño peppers.
- Remove from air fryer and let cool on a wire rack covered with aluminum foil.
- When ready to serve top with a garnish of chopped green onions or chopped parsley.
- I prefer to add crumbled bacon to this easy appetizer. I think it's somewhat neater and easier to eat without making a mess but if you would prefer to use a strip of bacon simply cut the slices of bacon in half and wrap around the cheese stuffed jalapeño. You can use a toothpick to hold the end of the bacon in place if desired.
- The cook time will be increased slightly if making the air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers version. Air fry at 375 degrees for 18 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- For more flavor, garlic powder and onion powder can be added to the cream cheese mixture.
The Secret to Converting Oven Recipes to Easy Air Fryer Recipes.
Check the label for Oven Directions. Whatever the oven temperature is, decrease it by 25 degrees. If the recommended temperature is 425 degrees, reduce that to 400 degrees. Now, for how much time to cook the food in question. Simply take the recommended time and decrease it by 20%. If the total time is 20 minutes, the new time will be 16 minutes. I like to divide that time in half and flip whatever I am making halfway through the total
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 fresh jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- ¾ cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.Split jalapenos in half. Use a small paring knife to scrape out seeds and white ribs. If you like your food on the spicy side you can leave some of the seeds in place.Stir together cream cheese, bacon and ⅔ of the Monterey Jack cheese in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.Use a small spoon to place the cream cheese filling into each jalapeno pepper half slice.Spray air fryer rack with cooking spray.Place poppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You will need to make these in multiple batches.Cook at 370 degrees for 6 minutes, until jalapenos are tender to the tip of a knife and golden on top; cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes if you prefer softer jalapeño peppers.Remove from air fryer and let cool on a wire rack covered with aluminum foil.When ready to serve top with a garnish of chopped green onions or chopped parsley.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
Is there anything you can sub for cream cheese my son hates cream cheese. Like could you use velveta, or some other cheddar cheese instead?
Hi Kelli, You can substitute 8 ounces of cheddar cheese for the cream cheese.