These primitive pumpkin cutting boards are the perfect way to get into the spirit of fall and all things magical! They're simple, rustic, and perfect for decorating.
Best of all, they're easy to make, so grab your supplies and let's get started on this easy DIY project...and, I'm giving the set away to one lucky reader. Details for how to enter are near the bottom of this post....and, I’m also joining 4 of my favorite bloggers from the Thrifty Style Team who are also participating in a giveaway. Be sure to enter theirs by visiting the links at the bottom of the post. First up, is my DIY.
- I used mini cutting boards that were on clearance at Aldi's for this project (they were only $2.29 for 4!) but you could use any old cutting boards you have or find at the thrift store or yard sales
- Craft paint - black and orange
- paint brushes
- *optional - raffia and moss
Use sandpaper to remove most of the paint from the top of the cutting board and to roughen up the front and sides. Then, paint the lower portion (not the 'stem') with black craft paint.
Once the black paint has dried top with orange paint. The black will show through but that's a good thing...it helps to create the primitive look we want.
Once the orange paint has dried use a small paint brush to hand paint the eyes and mouth of the jack-o-lantern.
You can use the above photo as a guide if you would like. You can leave the 'stem' as is or paint with a brown paint or a burnt orange paint.
Glue some moss on the top of the jack-o-lantern and add some rafia if desired! That's it.
The color in these photos looks off and I have no idea why...maybe because of the orange...in any case, these are much cuter in person...honestly.
How to Enter My Giveaway
*This giveaway is for US residents only and you must be 18 years of age or older to participate. Giveaway runs from September 9th through September 16th. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified by e-mail. I will mail this to the lucky winner next week!
The Two Primitive Pumpkin Cutting Boards Pictured in This Post
The best of luck!
- Leave 1 comment below telling me where you'll display your cutting boards.
- Subscribe to The How to Home HERE.
- Don’t forget to visit the other blogs for their individual Fall Home Décor giveaways (this is optional).
Now for the shares from the rest of the Thrifty Style Team!
The How to Home - You are here!