If you want to give your skin the best organic body scrub experience possible, this is it! Made with natural ingredients like organic coconut oil and coffee grounds, which provide an exfoliating boost, this simple to make coffee scrub may increase blood circulation, lead to smoother skin, and remove dead skin cells.
The Natural Ingredients Used
Below are the ingredients used to make this organic exfoliating body scrub. I have included helpful links.
The best thing, this body polish only requires two ingredients.
If you would prefer to buy rather than DIY you can check out my post of the best natural body scrubs here.
- Coffee Grounds - approximately ¼ cup. More can be used if you want a deeper richer coffee experience and more scrub power.
- ½ cup softened virgin coconut oil
Add the coffee grounds to the coconut oil and stir well.
Set aside, stirring as it hardens for an even mix of coconut and coffee grounds.
Use as needed.
- I like to store this in a glass wide mouth mason jar. It's easy to scoop out and stays fresher longer.
- Store in a cool place or refrigerate.
I like to make this in small batches so that it's always fresh.
If you love all-natural skin care products click here for a free PDF with 4 reader favorites!
Next, we'll talk about shower use and Safety
- Rub over entire body in circular motions to stimulate blood flow. Please note, this natural scrub is not meant for facial skin
- Pay close attention to elbows and knees and other areas where you may have rough skin.
For Shower Use
***If you use this in the shower please be careful and use caution. Coconut Oil is VERY slippery so stand on a bath mat, towel or other NON-SLIPPERY surface while using and rinse your shower/bathtub well after use.
Tips and Benefits for Getting the Best Results
- This is not meant for everyday use or for use on sensitive skin.
- A little goes a long way - start with a small scoop and use more as needed.
- If flaky skin is a concern, give this a try to lessen the flakiness and to encourage soft skin.
- As with most skin care products and conventional body scrubs test on a small area of our skin first to check for skin irritation.
- Organic scrubs like this one are among my top picks to help get rid of dull skin, shed dead cells, and may also be helpful in preventing ingrown hairs.