What is the best
BISSELL vs Rug Doctor - Which Did a Better Job?
*This post may contain affiliate links and I'll earn a commission if you shop through them. You can read my full disclosure here.
I have my own
In order to answer the question of which machine did a better job, I rented a Bissell Big Green Professional
Size and Ease of Transportation
Both units folded up easily and fit into the back of my Nissan Murano crossover. They also fit into the trunk of my son's car, a Toyota Corolla.
I do recommend you use a tarp or other similar item to protect your car as there was some minor drippage from both units.
Rug Doctor versus Bissell - Head to Head
Once home, we started our test.
Prepping the Bissell Rental and the Rug Doctor - Getting Ready for Use
The BISSELL Rental was easy to fill and prepare for use.
The machine is in four parts. The front section has three components. The bottom plastic area is where you'll add water and the cleaning solution. It easily lifts off of the machine platform and fit into my laundry tub for filling. It also easily fit into one side of my kitchen sink so if a laundry tub is not available, a kitchen sink or bathtub is a viable alternative.
I added hot water, two caps of
Start Your Engines
Both were plugged in and the
The BISSELL Rental had a much longer plug which was a real bonus. The longer plug meant fewer
My husband did almost all of the actual
Cleaning Process- Ease of Use
- Can be pulled and pushed. This is a huge plus as it feels like a more natural process similar to vacuuming.
- The handle is a bit higher and it was easy for my husband (6 foot 5 inches tall), my middle son (5 foot 7 inches tall) and myself (5 foot 2 inches tall) to use. We all were able to comfortably push and pull the machine without stretching or being hunched over.
The Rug Doctor:
- Can only clean while pulling slowly backward.
- The handle is small, lower to the ground, and not very comfortable for taller users. I was fine because of my short stature but it was a bit uncomfortable for my husband as he had to hunch over.
The Nitty Gritty
Both pulled ample amounts of dirt from the carpeting but the BISSELL Big Green definitely pulled the most...more than I expected (gross).
Results and Extras
Question: What is the best
carpet cleaner rental?
Answer. Hands down, in our testing, the BISSELL Rental did a much better job.
When we compared one half of the carpet to the other it was clear that the side done with the BISSELL was much cleaner and fluffier and the carpet had a bounce again once dry. While the side done with the Rug Doctor was cleaner than it was originally it was not as clean as the BISSELL side. There was such a difference, in fact, that my husband redid the Rug Doctor side with the BISSELL.
An added bonus of using the BISSELL was that we were also able to do our entryway stairs because of the
I was so impressed with the BISSELL Rental and the next time we clean our carpets that's what we'll be renting. *Since doing this review I have decided that I will be purchasing a BISSELL Big Green for my home it was that impressive. The cost to purchase is not that much more than purchasing a smaller home unit but the results make it worth it in my opinion.
You can rent the BISSELL Big Green at locations nationwide. Check out the BISSELL Rental homepage to find a location near you or purchase your own. I found the best prices at the current time (September of 2018) to be from Amazon and you can find that option here.
If you prefer to just head to Lowe's for BISSELL rental, head to the page here and then enter your zip code from the drop down available next to the Lowe's logo.
Cleaning Posts You May Like:
- How To Wash Pillows
- The Easiest Way to Clean and Whiten Grout Without Scrubbing
- How To Clean Granite Countertops and Remove Hard Water Deposits Safely
- How to Clean Copper Easily With One Ingredient