Think outside of the box with this delicious homemade monkey bread recipe with a nice twist, it’s flavored with ranch dressing mix.
Not Your Traditional Monkey Bread
This monkey bread is a delicious break from tradition and a wonderful treat for your palate.
It’s made with powdered ranch dressing mix and homemade bread. I prefer the Hidden Valley brand but you could use whatever brand you like best. 🙂
This recipe is easy to make and great for a party, get together, game day or any day of the week. It’s wonderful served with Ranch dressing for dipping or a marinara sauce or, to be honest, just plain!
A delicious appetizer and finger food that’s perfect for any party including game day!
Homemade Monkey Bread Flavored with Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast not quick rise
- 1 1/3 cups warm NOT hot water
- 2 tablespoons good quality virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix or 8 teaspoons of a larger container
- In a large bowl stir together the yeast and water. Let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Mix in the olive oil, salt, and flour.
- If using a stand mixer, which is the method I use, attach the dough hook and with the mixer on low knead the dough for approximately 6 minutes until nice and elastic-y. If kneading by hand, knead the dough on a lightly floured surface, again until elastic-y, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a fresh kitchen towel.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop melt your butter.
- Add one full package of Ranch Seasoning Mix to the melted butter and stir well. If you are using a larger container it's the equivalent of 8 teaspoons of dry mix.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the bottom and sides of a bundt pan with the butter and ranch dressing mixture.
- Punch down the dough and tear off small pieces about the size of a tablespoon, roll, and place in the bundt pan. You will be doing this in 2 layers.
- Layer bottom of the pan with your dough balls. Using the pastry brush coat the bottom layer with the butter/Ranch dressing mixture.
- Continue with one more layer and again coat with the butter/Ranch dressing mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bundt pan with a clean towel and allow to sit until dough has doubled in size, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.
Find more delicious appetizer recipes here- over 100 of them!
Do you have a favorite type of monkey bread?