Ranch Flavored Monkey Bread – A Delicious and Different Finger Food
Sometimes, I get tired of the same old same old when it comes to finger foods, appetizers, and party foods, and if that sounds like you, it’s time to think outside of the box and try this delicious homemade ranch flavored monkey bread recipe.
Not Your Traditional Monkey Bread
This ranch flavored monkey bread is a delicious break from the traditional sweet monkey break and is a wonderful treat for your palate.
It’s made with powdered ranch dressing mix and homemade bread. I prefer the Hidden Valley brand but you could use whatever brand you like best. 🙂
This recipe is easy to make and great for a party, get together, game day or any day of the week. It’s wonderful served with Ranch dressing for dipping or a marinara sauce or, to be honest, just plain!
Homemade Monkey Bread Flavored with Ranch Dressing Mix
- In a large bowl stir together the yeast and water. Let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Mix in the olive oil, salt, and flour.
- If using a stand mixer, which is the method I use, attach the dough hook and with the mixer on low knead the dough for approximately 6 minutes until nice and elastic-y. If kneading by hand, knead the dough on a lightly floured surface, again until elastic-y, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a fresh kitchen towel.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop melt your butter.
- Add one full package of Ranch Seasoning Mix to the melted butter and stir well. If you are using a larger container it's the equivalent of 8 teaspoons of dry mix.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the bottom and sides of a bundt pan with the butter and ranch dressing mixture.
- Punch down the dough and tear off small pieces about the size of a tablespoon, roll, and place in the bundt pan. You will be doing this in 2 layers.
- Layer bottom of the pan with your dough balls. Using the pastry brush coat the bottom layer with the butter/Ranch dressing mixture.
- Continue with one more layer and again coat with the butter/Ranch dressing mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bundt pan with a clean towel and allow to sit until dough has doubled in size, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.
Do you have a favorite type of monkey bread?