The whole family will love this copycat Crockpot Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole dish! It's an easy recipe to make and is the perfect side dish for a busy weekday meal. Simply toss all of the ingredients into your crockpot and let it do all the work for you! This casserole is sure to become a new favorite.
If you're a huge fan of the comfort food served at Cracker Barrel Restaurants you can check out my other copycat recipes here.
💟Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You can enjoy this delicious dish (that tastes like the real thing) in the comfort of your own home.
- Can be made the night before for a holiday morning breakfast or brunch the next day.
- Can easily be frozen.
- Minimal prep time.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- sour cream onion dip
- cream of chicken soup
- ranch salad dressing mix
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- frozen hash browns
- shredded cheddar cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Combine first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in hashbrown potatoes, cheese, and bacon.
Place in crockpot, cover, and cook on low for a total time of 3 to 4 hours stirring after 2 hours.
- Sharp cheddar cheese, extra sharp cheddar cheese or Colby cheese.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 🧊 To freeze, after mixing the ingredients in a large bowl place in a Ziploc bag or a freezer safe container with a lid (or covered tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil) and freeze. When ready to use, partially thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then place in a greased slow cooker inner container (you can also use
cookingspray) and cook according to directions.
- Meatloaf and green beans
- Air fryer pork chops and buttered cabbage
- Ham (wonderful for Christmas dinner)
- Pulled pork
Keep in mind that crockpots and the way they heat vary somewhat. Check to see if this delicious cheesy potato casserole is ready to eat at about the 3 hour mark. You can always cook it longer, but if it's overcooked, there's no going back!
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Copycat Crockpot Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 ½ cups sour cream onion dip
- 10 ¾ ounce condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 1 can undiluted
- 1 ounce ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 30 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Grease crockpot liner with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl mix onion dip, cream of chicken soup, ranch dressing mix, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.1 ½ cups sour cream onion dip, 10 ¾ ounce condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, 1 ounce ranch salad dressing mix, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir in potatoes, cheese, and crumbled bacon.30 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Place in slow cooker and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours stirring after 2 hours.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
👩🏻🍳 Food safety
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods