How To Make a Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe
Vanilla sweet cream cold brew is a delicious drink that's popular among coffee lovers and while most of us had our first taste of it at a coffee shop it can easily be made at home.
This delectable coffee drink is a mixture of vanilla sweet cream and the smooth rich flavors of cold brew coffee, resulting in a refreshing beverage that's perfect for a warm day or a morning pick-me-up.
In this post, you'll find an easy recipe made with a handful of simple ingredients allowing you to create this delicious cold coffee drink in the comfort of your own home and, if you're like me, it will save you a lot of money and a lot of stops at your favorite coffee shop and if copycat drinks are your thing, you might just love my simple recipe for a McDonald's Mocha Frappe!
*This post may contain affiliate links and I’ll earn a commission if you shop through them. You can read my full disclosure here.
Ingredients and Preparation
This is an overview of the ingredients. Full instructions and amounts can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
Before you start, make sure to gather all the necessary ingredients, which can easily be found at your local grocery store, to make your homemade cold brew.
- Coarsely ground coffee (preferably dark roast but if you prefer a milder flavor medium roast coffee beans are great options)
- Water (filtered is best)
- French press, mason jar, or large container for brewing
First, take your coarsely ground coffee and add it to either a French press or your jar. Next, pour in the filtered water to cover the coffee. A general guideline is to use a 1:8 ratio of coffee to water (for example, ½ cup of coffee for every 4 cups of water). Stir the coffee and water mixture gently, cover the container, and let it steep in the refrigerator for at least 12-24 hours. When the brewing time is complete, strain the coffee through a cheesecloth or coffee filters. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Sweet Vanilla Cream
Finally, prepare the Vanilla Sweet Cream using these ingredients:
- Heavy cream, half and half, or whole milk
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
In a 1-quart jar or airtight container combine the ingredients above and then store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Shake well before serving (make sure the lid is sealed - you don't want to make a mess!).
Assembling the Drink
Start by gathering all the ingredients and tools you'll need:
- A 16-ounce tall glass
- Ice cubes
- Cold brew coffee
- Vanilla syrup - you can make your own vanilla syrup (I have a recipe in the recipe card) or purchase your favorite brand (Starbucks vanilla syrup is a great choice)
- Vanilla Sweet Cream
First, add the desired amount of vanilla syrup to your glass. I suggest you use about 1 tablespoon, but you can adjust this to your taste preferences. Next, pour in the cold brew coffee, filling the glass about two-thirds of the way full. If using cold brew concentrate, make sure to dilute it first by mixing it with equal parts of water to achieve regular strength.
Now it's time to add the ice. Fill your glass with ice cubes, leaving just enough room at the top for the vanilla sweet cream.
Finally, pour the vanilla sweet cream over the ice in your glass. You can add as much or as little as you like; some people prefer just a splash, while others enjoy a creamier and more indulgent coffee.
Give your vanilla sweet cream cold brew a good stir to combine all the ingredients, and enjoy your refreshing and delicious beverage!
Starbucks Copycat Recipe
When you're craving a delicious Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew, you'll be amazed at how simple it is to recreate this popular beverage at home. With just a few ingredients and some patience, you can achieve that refreshing taste in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Make the cold brew drink as above or purchase pre-made cold brew.
Next, prepare the vanilla sweet cream with the following ingredients:
- Combine 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and a dash of salt in a saucepan.
- Scrape the seeds from 1 vanilla bean and add them to the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Now it's time to assemble your drink:
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup over the ice.
- Add 1 cup of cold brew coffee.
- Top it off with the homemade vanilla sweet cream.
There you have it—your very own homemade Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew! Enjoy your refreshing beverage knowing you've successfully recreated that delicious Starbucks flavor.
Making It Healthier
To make your Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew healthier, consider the following variations:
- Substitute half and half or heavy cream with a lower calorie milk option, such as skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
Alternative Flavor Options
If vanilla isn't your favorite flavor or if you're looking for a new twist to your cold brew, try these alternative options:
- Add a dash of cinnamon for a warm, spicy flavor.
- Use a sugar-free caramel syrup instead of vanilla, for a rich caramel experience.
- Mix in cocoa powder for a decadent chocolate flavor.
- Experiment with different flavored syrups such as hazelnut, peppermint or pumpkin spice to find your personal favorite.
By exploring these variations, you can customize your Cold Brew to perfectly suit your taste buds.
Coffee-Related Products and Tools
When it comes to making a delicious vanilla sweet cream cold brew at home, having the right tools and ingredients is essential. This section will guide you through some essentials that'll elevate your coffee-making experience.
First of all, you'll need a quality blender or frother to create a smooth and creamy texture for your sweet cream. You can opt for a handheld milk frother, which is an affordable and easy-to-use tool to achieve that perfect frothy finish on top of your cold brew.
Now let's talk about coffee beans. To make a top-notch cold brew, it's essential to use coarsely ground coffee to achieve the appropriate extraction rate. You can play around with various coffee bean options, such as light or dark roasts, to discover your personal preference.
As for flavor, you can't go wrong with vanilla beans. Not only do they add a touch of elegance to your cold brew, but they also impart an exquisite aroma and flavor that's hard to beat. Simply split a vanilla bean and scrape out its seeds to blend with your sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping cream mixture.
Lastly, proper storage is essential for your cold brew and the sweet cream. It's best to keep both components in sealed containers in your refrigerator until you're ready to assemble the drink. Both can be stored for up to two weeks.
By having these essential products and tools at hand, you'll be able to enjoy a fancy iced coffee drink anytime you want one!
Quick and Budget-Friendly Options
To make cold brew coffee quickly, you can use a cold brew coffee maker or try a shortcut like using instant coffee mixed with cold water. Just remember that the taste might not be the same as the traditional cold brew method.
Customize Your Sweetness
Love extra sweet cream? You can easily adjust the recipe by adding more heavy cream to the mix. If you prefer a stronger vanilla flavor, feel free to add more vanilla syrup to your cold brew. Remember that you can always adjust the sweetness level according to your taste preferences.
For a lush and decadent experience, try making a sweet cold foam. You can achieve this by using an electric milk frother with cold foam functionality, a handheld frother, a whisk, an immersion blender or a regular blender. Keep in mind that when using a blender, be careful not to blend for too long, as this could affect the texture of the foam.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe
Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 ½ cups coarsely ground coffee
- 6 cups of cold water
Sweet Vanilla Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream half and half or whole milk can also be used
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Drink Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 2 quart pitcher, French press, or glass jar stir together the ground coffee and the water. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and let steep at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours.
- Line a fine-mesh sieve with cheesecloth or a coffee filter and pour coffee through the sieve into a bowl, large pitcher, or clean glass jar.
Sweet Vanilla Cream
- In a 1-quart canning jar combine all of the ingredients and seal the container.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Shake before serving.
Vanilla Drink Syrup
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and the water. Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool and transfer to a bottle. Seal. Store at room temperature up to 1 month.
Assembling Your Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Add the desired amount of vanilla syrup to your glass. I suggest you use about 1 tablespoon, but you can adjust this to your taste preferences. Next, pour in the cold brew coffee, filling the glass about two-thirds of the way full. If using cold brew concentrate, make sure to dilute it first by mixing it with equal parts of water to achieve regular strength.
- Now it's time to add the ice. Fill your glass with ice cubes, leaving just enough room at the top for the vanilla sweet cream.
- Finally, pour the vanilla sweet cream over the ice in your glass. You can add as much or as little as you like; some people prefer just a splash, while others enjoy a creamier and more indulgent coffee.
- Give your vanilla sweet cream cold brew a good stir to combine all the ingredients, and enjoy your refreshing and delicious beverage!
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
In summary, making a delicious vanilla sweet cream cold brew is easy and versatile. With these helpful tips and tricks, you can create a delightful beverage tailored to your preferences, budget, and time constraints. Enjoy your cold brew journey!
I like a strong cup of coffee with a little Vanilla Creamer.
I cannot wait for warmer weather to bring back my iced coffee and I'm totally going to try this Mary Beth!
I absolutely LOVE iced coffee and definitely need to brew some now that our weather is warming up! I'd LOVE to win the coupons ... I like my coffee with flavored creamer, usually sugar-free.
I like my coffee with vanilla creamer.
I liked iced coffee - flavored -- and vanilla or caramel is my favorite. Oh, and Pumpkin in the Fall!
I love strong coffee. I drink it black when it's hot. But I really enjoy it with some sweetener and creamer when I drink iced.
I'm a classic cream and sugar kind of gal.
I make myself my own mocha-ish concoction every morning - light roast coffee with a scoop of hot cocoa powder and a big splash of vanilla creamer. SO yummy! 🙂
I like iced coffee (it's always warm in California!) that is made with a flavored sweetener! 🙂
I love my coffee hot and black!
It was in the 70's here yesterday - wouldn't this be a perfect afternoon treat & pick-me-up!
Yours looks so yummy!
I don't need the coupons, just wanted to write and say: FINALLY! I never understood why my leftover coffee stored in the fridge didn't taste as good as Starbucks iced coffee......now I know.
And now that I'm in Florida, I'll be needing this a lot. : )
I like my coffee very mild with lots of cream. Then I close my eyes and pretend its not coffee. lol! 😉
I so need this recipe! I never know how to make iced coffee at home!
This looks so yum and you can't beat making it yourself!
I like my coffee hot and with a bit of peppermint mocha creamer, no sugar!
I have never tried the cold brew method but I bet it would make my iced coffee taste a lot better! I love Starbuck's iced coffee but this would be way to make it at home for a lot less. Thanks!
I love my coffee with cream only and the stronger the better.
stevia and creamer
I love my coffee hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon. Cream & sugar please. And the bolder the better 🙂
Oh yum! I love iced-coffee!
I've never tried this but love iced coffee so going to give your recipe a try. Thanks for giveaway
I like my coffee ~ strong with cream and sugar, hot or iced. I LOVE coffee!!
Oh, yum!!! I've never had this before, but my mouth is watering just looking at it. Need to pick up some Coffee-Mate! Thanks for the great idea!
I am glad someone has mastered the Cold Brew. I like iced coffee but have never mastered a perfect cup at home.
As for the giveaway! I LOVE Coffee Mate's Sweet Italian Cream creamer. I brew a medium roast with about 2 tablespoons of creamer. No sugar! The creamer is sweet enough!
I do afternoon cups of coffee too.
I love my coffee-mate French vanilla creamer with hot coffee but I'm absolutely going to be trying this cold brew method once it gets a little warmer in NH!
I like my coffee very light with cream and sugar, like a hot version of coffee ice cream. Mmmm!
Sounds delicious! I like my coffee with cream, sugar and hot!!
I love my first cup of the day, nice and hot with sweetener and cream; but as our weather warms up, I do "iced!"
My husband likes his coffee with vanilla creamer
thanks for the giveaway
Cream and sugar please!
I prefer my coffee with cream and sugar; however, it's not the healthy way -- so strong and black it is! 🙂
Yummy this looks so good! My hubby is hooked on coffee mate, won't drink coffee without it 🙂
I take mine with flavored creamer!
Coffe and cream, most times. Sometimes I have flavored creamer, but most times its just straight up heavy whipping cream or almond milk (unsweetened)
I like lotsa Vanilla & Caramel creamer & a dash of sugar in the raw in my breakfast blend, iced coffee.
What a brilliant way to have iced coffee on hand!!
I take my coffee with cream and sugar!
I like my coffee iced with a whole lot of sugar and some cream. I also love iced white chocolate mochas!!
I like hot coffee with cream and sugar.
I Love a good cup of Hot, Fresh Coffee. I Love mine with lots of Coffee Mate, and real Sugar!!!! 🙂
I love iced coffee too! Well - I love it hot as well! Great giveaway and post!
Thanks for shearing... I love ice coffee even when is cold outside!
I like half & half and sugar in my coffee. I started cold brewing my coffee to reduce the acid, and now I find I like it much better than brewed coffee.
DELICIOUS I love iced coffee. I only wish we could share a cup together!