I love white chili even more than regular chili. There are so many variations including award-winning white chili, soupy white chili, and vegetarian white chili but this easy, creamy, stovetop white chicken chili recipe is by far my favorite.
Easy Creamy Stovetop White Chicken Chili
I'm a basic recipe type of person and I have to admit that I had never heard of white chili until about 3 years ago. When I first found out about it, I knew I wanted to make it. I wasn't sure how my family would handle it (drama, I know) but they really like my traditional Chili Recipe so this could be iffy.
I ended up giving it a try and to my pleasant surprise, they loved this creamy white chicken chili and I really liked that it was so easy to make.
Easy and I get along very well. 😉
You could serve this with a fresh crusty bread and or a salad and you’ll have a complete meal in under an hour.
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
1 onion, chopped
14-ounce box of chicken broth
2 (15.8 ounce) cans of Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
8-ounce container sour cream
1 cup whipping cream
Shredded Colby Jack cheese to garnish
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and saute until done. Set aside.
Add more oil if necessary and saute onions until translucent. Set aside.
In a large pot combine chicken broth, beans, and seasonings and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add chicken mixture, reduce heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
Add sour cream and whipping cream stirring well to combine.
Serve! You can also add a garnish of shredded Colby Jack cheese if desired.
This recipe will serve 4 but can be easily doubled if desired.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 14 ounce box of chicken broth
- 2 15.8 ounce cans Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- shredded Colby Jack Cheese to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.Add chicken and saute until done. Set aside.Add more oil if necessary and saute onions until translucent. Set aside.In a large pot combine chicken broth, beans, and seasonings and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.Add chicken mixture, reduce heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes.Add sour cream and whipping cream stirring well to combine.Serve! You can also add a garnish of shredded Colby Jack cheese if desired.
As with any of my recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.