Free magic reindeer food recipe, poem, and printables.
Sprinkle Magic Reindeer Food on the lawn on Christmas Eve – it creates a glittering path and a tasty snack for Rudolph and the other reindeer!
Magic Reindeer Food also called Magic Reindeer Dust
Oh, the magic is in the air and the joy of Christmas is in full swing! One of the best parts of the holidays is seeing the excitement in children’s eyes as they get ready for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.
A few years ago I came across this fun idea for Magic Reindeer Food (or Magic Reindeer Dust). I made up a batch, whipped together a printable and gave them to two of my sons and a niece and nephew. Now, only one of my sons is still of that age but I have a lot more nephews (4 total to be exact) and 1 niece that will be sprinkling reindeer food this year to lead Santa to their homes.
What Do You Use for Reindeer Food?
That’s the perfect question. What do reindeer eat?
Legend has it that Santa’s reindeer like to eat healthily and love oats. In order to attract them to your yard, sprinkle some of this easy recipe on the lawn.
How Do You Make Magic Reindeer Dust?
Recipe for Magic Reindeer Food
2 cups of plain oatmeal
1 to 2 tablespoons of colored sugar or edible glitter
Mix well and divide up between plastic bags.
Yields enough for 4 bags
The first few times I made this I used regular glitter without thinking about animals potentially eating it but now I use the edible glitter or colored sugar and that way it is safe as can be.
Lots of Printable Options to Choose From Below – just click and download
I made a few different printables – the first one can be printed out, a hole punched in the top corner, and tied to a bag of the Magic Reindeer Food. The next two can be printed out, folded in half and then stapled to bags of Reindeer Food. Each set prints out four tags.
- I have a PC and run Windows 10 and this is the best way to print any of the printables using a similar operating system.
- First, you will directly left-click on the file you wish to print/download.
- This will open the Reindeer Dust Poem or Reindeer Food Poem in another window.
- Once in the other window, right-click OUTSIDE of the area of the printable and choose to save as.
- This will save the file to your system.
- Once the file is downloaded, find where it is and double-click that file.
- This will open a window that should have the print option in the upper right corner.
- From there, you will choose to print and you should be good to go!
Reindeer Dust and Reindeer Food Printables for 2019 – Printer Friendly and Uses Less Colored Ink
Printer Friendly Reindeer Dust Poem Printable
Printer Friendly Reindeer Food Poem Printable
Older Versions of the Reindeer Dust and Reindeer Food Printables:
Two poem versions are available so if you have a preference, be sure to download the correct one.
Come December 24th as Santa flies
here from the North, here’s what you do, it isn’t hard ~ just sprinkle this stuff in your yard…the sparkles draw old Santa
near and oats attract his reindeer…then
you just wait ~ they’re on their way.
P.S. Merry Christmas
Sprinkle this reindeer food outside tonight.
The moonlight will make it sparkle bright.
As the reindeer fly and roam, this will guide them to your home.
Links for downloading:
More Cute Christmas Crafts and Recipes You Might Like!
- Googly-Eyed Reindeer Bottles
- Cute Reindeer Cookies
- Melting Snowman Cookies
- How to Make a Sock Snowman
Have a very Merry Christmas!